DC Sound Lab

T/S for XL m2 12s, please anybody

your box is too big man.. not enough port..im coming up with 4.3 cubes net tuned to 29 htz with 10.96 sqaure inches of port per cube

edit: post up a screenshot of what youre getting in torres might be putting something in wrong making it come out screwy..cause thats what im using

Edited by aqsubowner1990

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

You have 4.5ft3 net. I just did some quick calculations and designed a box that should work for you.

Your current box

f51bd821.jpg

34w x 15h x 23d

8656b9bd.jpg

Double baffle front and port centered between the subs.

Port will be 3.5w at the front and then 1.75"w when it turns into each chamber

Hopefully my crappy sketch makes some sense. It will come out to 1.53ft3 net per sub and tuned to 35.57hz

Port is 3.5w x 13.5h x 28l 15.75in2 per 1ft3

Edited by CJ18

and a pinch of luck :pardon:

Edited by aqsubowner1990

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

and a pinch of luck :pardon:

Yep. If you dont have any prior experience with 4th or 6th orders, I would suggest sticking with a standard ported box. And if you dont have a ton of patience for doing shit 2 or 3 or 4 times or more then I would definitely do a ported box.

I seen a mock up. its a bit different then Im use to. Its not a true 6th order cause the subs will be firing out of the box. Basically picture two chambers, the front chamber toward the front of the car will house the drivers, up firing. There is a small port along the sides of the box going to a big chamber then firing back out a standred looking port. " You can think of it as a series tuned sixth order but with the subs mounted so they radiate externally."

Its going to give me the 26-60 im looking for. They say he is one of the best we a good track record so it dont hurt to try. If not Ill use the posted sketch.

Edited by HazeGrey75