I was simply stating the science behind the technology proves your opinion wrong, because you said, "But stock housings allow you to see farther, imo". If you knew all that, then you wouldn't have that opinion.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

I was simply stating the science behind the technology proves your opinion wrong, because you said, "But stock housings allow you to see farther, imo". If you knew all that, then you wouldn't have that opinion.

i worded it funny and portrayed the wrong image to you then. happy now? im sure you are.

How can an opinion be proved wrong?

My opinion, projectors should be used to prevent blinding other people on the road. You can see farther in stock housings because there is no cut off and the light travels farther down the road allowing you to see obstacles or whatever may be up ahead. If you live in the country I think you would benefit with the stock housings. If you live in the city you should have projectors.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

My opinion, projectors should be used to prevent blinding other people on the road. You can see farther in stock housings because there is no cut off and the light travels farther down the road allowing you to see obstacles or whatever may be up ahead. If you live in the country I think you would benefit with the stock housings. If you live in the city you should have projectors.

thank you. it'll be fucking hard to see a deer in the middle of the road with projectors until its 20 feet away from you. by then its too late and you're dead. end thread

edit: my buddy billy101 said that he lives in the country, and he had ebay projectors on his car and fucking hated them cause he couldn't see shit at night besides whats on the road like 20ft in front of him. and there are tons of animals in his area. he switched back to stock housings and he couldn't be happier.

You prove an opinion by using sources. Do you have a source that backs up your opinion?

The science doesn't support your statement. I'm giving you guys evidence, here; you're posting conjecture.

hidvshalogen_output.jpg

http://www.theretrof..._vs_halogen.php

The science doesn't support that statement. I'm giving you guys evidence, here; you're posting conjecture.

hidvshalogen_output.jpg

you just posted a stock housings light scatter pattern. see how it says 150 meters? yeah, projectors dont go that far. taking light intensity out of the equation.

The science doesn't support that statement. I'm giving you guys evidence, here; you're posting conjecture.

you just posted a stock housings light scatter pattern. see how it says 150 meters? yeah, projectors dont go that far. taking light intensity out of the equation.

Can you prove that? Post up a source. I'm open to changing my opinion as long as it's based on fact, not conjecture.

i can prove it with my eyes. i dont need no fucking google article to tell me that.

edit: notice how speed limit signs are reflective? yeah, when a car with projectors passes by one, the sign doesnt even so much as shine until the driver hits a pot hole or something and causes the front end to lift up. with stock housings, the light scatter is more prominent, allowing you to see the sign without hitting said pot hole. i notice this every single time i drive at night.

Some housings are worse than others for glare. My f150's housings are actually pretty sick. The cutoff is nice.

But still, it does blind ppl to a certain extent. If you have them aimed low its not so bad. Ppl just like to cry a lot. OMG HE HAS DIFFERENT LOOKING LIGHTS!!! BLASPHEMY!! I WILL HIGH BEAM HIS A$$!!

But on the other hand, if you want to see far... they did invent high beams for a reason (assuming projectors can be used for high beams as well)

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

i can prove it with my eyes. i dont need no fucking google article to tell me that.

That doesn't help anyone looking for factual information, unfortunately.

edit: notice how speed limit signs are reflective? yeah, when a car with projectors passes by one, the sign doesnt even so much as shine until the driver hits a pot hole or something and causes the front end to lift up. with stock housings, the light scatter is more prominent, allowing you to see the sign without hitting said pot hole. i notice this every single time i drive at night.

This happens when the projector cut-off is not designed properly. A properly designed cutoff will illuminate overhead and roadside signs correctly. In other words, don't buy cheap shit.

Archived