Second Skin Audio

How should I wire my subwoofers?

ToddB

I have 2 DC Lev 4 2ohm subs in 1.2 cube ft box each sealed. I could not do ported. The boxs would not fit in the convertible when the top is down.I have a Rockford 2500 1bdcp to power them. With a birth sheet of 3812 watts at 2ohms.It is 1 ohm stable if needed. I was wondering if i should do voice coils in parallel (1ohm) then each speaker in series to the amp for a 2 ohm load or voice coils in series (4ohm) then both speakers parallel (2ohm) to the amp or will this last way be to much power for them. I have big 3 done 3 XS batterys and a DC power alt also.

you know you dont have to use all the power from the amp...right?

Ya i know that but with the subs in the trunk I dont know if I could tell if I was over powering them. I have a DD-1 for setting the gains so I know they will get clean power. I would have got lev 5s but the depth is to tall to fit. So if I am carefull I can wire them seris parallal and they will be ok. Does wireing them one way or another have any advantage?

I would wire them each in series to 4 ohm then parallel them back to 2. That way if one coil opens up or one sub gets unhooked somehow, the amp will see 4 ohms and won't give full power to only one sub.

x2

2001 vw gti

2 hds212s

4.75 net tuned to 34hz

audioque1200 wired to 1 ohm

nvx 0 gauge to the back

kinetic khc 2000

kenwood deck

Archived