Second Skin Audio

box for my crappy sub haha

I have a crappy 10 inch pioneer I think its 200-300 watt rms but I wanna build a ported box for it tuned really low my other subs blew so its all I got until I get my new system.

your other subs blew cause you were either clipping them or you were playing under tuning.

edit: and you'll blow this one if you dont watch what you're doing

Edited by Kranny

Nah I didn't blow them I bought them from a pawn shop and they wete rigged to work haha. Never buying from a pawn shop again. But maybe not really low then and I set my amps right it just needs a bigger box its in a tiny prefab box

Anybody else wanna chime in the sub just needs a bigger box and I could use a good design just to give this sub a little more umph

I have a crappy 10 inch pioneer I think its 200-300 watt rms but I wanna build a ported box for it tuned really low my other subs blew so its all I got until I get my new system.

If you have the model of the sub and amp I can suggest you a box.

There is a method to set it correctly with a multimeter and test tones but I didn't make this topic to be called ignorant. Thank you for you input but I also don't currently have enough money for a oscope hence the reason I'm saving for a new system. I don't turn the gain up all the way either if that's what you think. Anyway does anyone have some real help. I don't lack knowledge just funds.

There is a method to set it correctly with a multimeter and test tones but I didn't make this topic to be called ignorant. Thank you for you input but I also don't currently have enough money for a oscope hence the reason I'm saving for a new system. I don't turn the gain up all the way either if that's what you think. Anyway does anyone have some real help. I don't lack knowledge just funds.

yeah, find the output voltage of the amp. but a multimeter isnt an accurate way, nor will it ever be. a multimeter is retarded. it'll read whatever you present to it. it wont show clipping. you ARE ignorant if you think you did it correctly. im not bashing you for using the wrong tools, but dont go and say you did something the correct way when you didnt.

Edited by Kranny