New MTX Thunder dual 2 ohm 12s and alternator upgrade LOUD

• 1 month later...

How do you have them wired?

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

How do you have them wired?

I got em wired parallel 1 ohm per channel.

My old set up with the pyle sq12 dual 4 ohm speakers were wired in series because my car couldnt handle the power but with the new alternator i can wire my new mtx's down to 1 ohm each apposed to 8 ohms each with the pyles BIG DIFFERENCE haha I love it!

and also i had the pyles hooked up in parallel when i first got the alternator at 2 ohms each and they actually banged pretty damn hard.

hope you dont fuck up your subs with full tilt notes playing under tuning. cause you will eventually

Try these full tilt notes on your car system heres a download to the song http://www.box.com/s...e12ebb0f6ff7027

lol im smart enough to not play something that can fuck up my system. no thanks haha

I have been doing that to my pyles for 1 year now with now problem, extra low frequency is my favorite... i know what you mean though your afraid the cone and voice coil are going to get launched out of the basket but i never see the speaker moving unreasonably even at low frequency it actually moves less, i would be more worried if i was pushing more power i would say im pushing less then 3000 watts to my mtx's. All i can say is dont listen when someone tells you not to do something find out for your self you will be alot smarter that way just dont go jumping off a bridge lol.

Oh yea and the box is tuned pretty low that might be why my speakers are fine at low frequencys.

if you still have that pyle amp you dont have 3000 watts of anything.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived