Sundown Audio

Finally dead?

unless i came across the wrong amp, that kenwood has 60 amps of fusing. so thats about 600w, 2ohm puts you well under that since its a 1ohm amp.

so in reality, it cant physically do 700w at 2ohm or anywhere near that.

"As for actual performance, most customers and tests say the same thing, that for the price, this is a great Kenwood amp, like most are. The problem is, however, one customer was quoted as stating that the amp is priced in the same range of comparable amps in the 600-700 wrms range, and it is not a true 900 watt amp. He also said "This amp has been tested at 644wrms @ 14.4v into 2ohm" and "if you are looking for 600-700wrms, this will be fine. But only produces around 72% of rated power (900Watts), as per Car Audio Magazine test,"

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-perfect-kenwood-kac-9104d-not-so-5408199.html

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

im not talking shit about your amp and i understand people are sensitive when they hear their amp isnt doing what they think. im just telling you the truth and making sure you are set up for the extra power so you dont break something else. yes, im actually helping. now its not called "watts law" its ohm's law. resistance definitely plays a part and so does efficiency. something your math didnt account for.

14.4 x 60 = 864

864 x .75 (efficiency) = 648 (hey look at that, i was pretty darn close)

then account for your voltage drop and im probably rite on the money.

lastly, doubling the resistance should cut the power in half. this does seem to varry based on the amp's design but lets say, best case,(and your amp wont be this good) it drops %30 leaving you with 453w at perfect voltage. then we factor in impedance rise and holy fuck lol. you dont even want to know what that brings you to.

now there is good news here. if you were happy with the output of this kenwood amp, you dont need to look for a 1000w replacement. just get an amp that truely puts out 500w at 2ohm and you will be set. that will really help you save money and get a better quality amp.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ah, i see its really a 2ohm amp they just put a 1ohm rating on there just because. so the part about doubling resistance is not valid here.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

im not talking shit about your amp and i understand people are sensitive when they hear their amp isnt doing what they think. im just telling you the truth and making sure you are set up for the extra power so you dont break something else. yes, im actually helping. now its not called "watts law" its ohm's law. resistance definitely plays a part and so does efficiency. something your math didnt account for.

14.4 x 60 = 864

864 x .75 (efficiency) = 648 (hey look at that, i was pretty darn close) [you said 300-400] so no, you weren't close at all.

then account for your voltage drop and im probably rite on the money.

lastly, doubling the resistance should cut the power in half. this does seem to varry based on the amp's design but lets say, best case,(and your amp wont be this good) it drops %30 leaving you with 453w at perfect voltage. then we factor in impedance rise and holy fuck lol. you dont even want to know what that brings you to.

now there is good news here. if you were happy with the output of this kenwood amp, you dont need to look for a 1000w replacement. just get an amp that truely puts out 500w at 2ohm and you will be set. that will really help you save money and get a better quality amp.

i know it isn't doing rated, but its right around 650, which is a bit under the 700 i said.

yes its watts law, not ohms law, different laws. and i wasn't happy with it when i switched from the RF to this thing, its way underpowered compared to what i want, but what i can afford and what id like are 2 different things. Im probably going to just baby this thing till it finally shits then buy the AQ1200, which i should have bought back when i was working, not in school...

Ohms law is voltage resistance current. (usually think of V=IR)

Watts law is power current voltage(resistance if you use a different formula). (usually think of P=VI)

You're not coming off in a very helpful way, its coming off as knock on kenwood, i said in the first post it doesn't do rated. I have my MECP basic. Ive worked for shops doing installs, I've done multiple installs. But that was all a while ago. I came on here looking for advice for a replacement. YOU HAVENT GIVEN ME ONE OPTION, so no, you are not helping. If you want to know about my electrical, FVCKING ASK. 1/0 Knukonceptz from front to back, and for the ground, stock alt, stock batt.

Now that I've officially came off as a prick today, would you like to help or not, if so, list some amps, if not, piss off.

Edited by siucsaluki11

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

ah, i see its really a 2ohm amp they just put a 1ohm rating on there just because. so the part about doubling resistance is not valid here.

yeah, I've always ignored the 1ohm rating, its only stable down to 2 ohms. I've had it for a few years, i think i know the amp pretty well by now.

Also, im hungover, and a bit of a prick when hungover, and extremely pissed off when shit breaks, since my TV just died a week ago and i had to replace that. So yeah, thats the reason I'm salty this afternoon.

Look. If ur looking for a cheap, efficient amp that puts out a true 1200watts. Get this (200shipped!)

http://www.sonicelec...BRZ1200.1D.html

Or get the AQ for an xtra C-Note

Edited by STL

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

Look. If ur looking for a cheap, efficient amp that puts out a true 1200watts. Get this (200shipped!)

yeah, need that at 2 ohms, not 1.

yeah, need that at 2 ohms, not 1.

Ok go with this

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29811_Kicker-DX1000.1-11DX1000.1.html

Or this (With amp kit)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29870_Rockford-Fosgate-PRIME-R1000-1D-Amplifier-Kit.html

(Without Amp kit)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_25750_Rockford-Fosgate-PRIME-R1000-1D.html

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)