Sundown Audio

Finally dead?

Ive been looking before the BRZ comments, and i think thats the way i may end up going, right price point, and I've heard a lot of good things about the brutus series.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i would go with a hifonics brutus, the BRZ1700 seems to suit your needs.. i had a kenwood 8104D for about a year in my car, i was happy with it for the price and after plenty of abuse it still works, it used to heat up and go into protect every once in a while but only after beating on it for a while with the gain prob up to much

I beat on mine at all times, till now, gotta baby it or it shuts down (the 9104D). I used to go to OK State, and drive from Stillwater, OK to St Charles, IL (10-13 hrs depending on traffic and speed) with the bitch full blast the whole time, i had my gains set REALLY low, my 9887 seems to put out decent signal to the amps, but it never went into protect from the time i installed it till last friday on my way home from work. I think this weekend ill take it out and take it apart and blow the dust out, since i still haven't bolted my back seat back in, i just placed it there so nobody gets the bright idea to bust my window (i take the train downtown for school everyday and my car sits in a garage from 630am to 3-4pm unattended, and don't trust the people at the disc golf courses).

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

• 5 weeks later...

Installed my BRZ1700.1d yesterday when it arrived, put some sound deadener on my rear deck lid ( it rattled with the kenwood, i knew the new amp would be worse). Set my gains, swapped out the fuse in my dist. block (was fused for the kenwood) to a 150A fuse (goes batt. fuse holder, run of 1/0 to trunk, fused dist. block, amp, ground block in my car). Set my gains, and went and cruised to try it out.

SO MUCH BETTER than the POS kenwood i had. Headlights dim a lot now though, so i need to save up some money for some wire for the big 3 (I'm in school 40 hours a week, i don't get to work much, it took me a month to save up to replace my amp). Hoping the big 3 will be enough to get rid of the dim, i don't have the cash for an extra battery right now.

Just throwing this out there, I actually have the newer 9105D, clamped it w/ a calabrated Fluke 336. Anyhow, I clamped mine @ around 567-570...@ 3.7ohm after rise on a 50hrz 0db tone.(1 L5 wired@2ohm).

Edit: Dunno how clean it was, sounded fine though.

I had mine for 3 years (9104d) and it hit alright daily for 3 years and sounded good in the process. I knew it wasn't making 900, but damn, this BRZ puts out some real power. So much more bass, the lows are so much better, the bass is cleaner. My friends were blown away by the difference, its night and day. Get yourself a BRZ for a few hundred online, ditch that kenwood, do yourself that favor, I'm wishing i did it sooner....holy balls do i love this HiFonics amp...