Second Skin Audio

Enclosures

ChrisB4

Okay I am In the process of buying two sundown audio e15s D4 and plan on running them down to 1ohm on a hifonics brutus 1200 1d (1200 rms). I want to make my firsts woofer box because prefabs are for noobs, I went to my local shop and they said between $250 and $350 for them to make a box. Now since this would be my first box I would like some to explain to me or give me a link to info that won't sound like German. Info that I will be able to understand a a newbie, I know you need to get internal measurements so I get the cubic feet of the inside of the box, but the whole tuning the port is something I can't figure out. It's going in a 2003 Toyota Camry and I would like the woofers and the port to face the trunk,Help.

Thanks in Advance

use torres box calculator and itll give you a cutsheet dimensions. you need to know displacements and how much volume the subs like. then when you cut measure fifteen times cut once. predrill your holes because you SHOULD BE USING BIRCH OR MDF so predrill so it doesnt split. dont drill closer than 3 inches to eachother or near the end of the sides so dont split. i use wood glue because you need to fill all the gaps so no air escapes. make sure of all your dimensions and good luck

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

Archived