i just bought a smd dd1 new and the first issue was the cd that came with the unit was not working it wouild have a hard time going into the h.u. and i would have to try seversal times before it would actually play i called wcca and got say they took care of me steve sent a new cd it works ,but something weird happened the h.u .was warm from me jamming so i tried to check my gains on my amps and i notivced that i was getting clipping at all levels i tried everything so i tried to put the original cd in and weird enough after i got it to play i was able to set my gains . im thuinking that the h.u was alraedy kinda hot and it caused this? also im concerned if this is an issue with mu h.u does this cause clipping when i playing regualr music? figured id ask what u guys think.

want to say tho that the product is great and easy to use tho

Edited by cal

i think your suppose to use the dd-1 to find the max volume you can go on your HU using a 0 db track, then once you figure that you can set the gains on the amp.

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg