Sundown Audio

need help on a amp

cgomez90

quick ? for the dude who's being verbally disrespectful. .. a D CLASS AMP with TWO terminals would technically be considered a 2 what? and thaks for the knowledge of what 99.9% of new cars come with, I have 2009 ss impala, and the 135 amp alt that it came with went out on me twice after I put the system in the car!! and when the cars warranty ran out, I put the 220 amp alt in, along with a 2100w stinger battery for the trunk. now i'm without worries of not having enough power for my fuaion ppam 300010 and the 2 jl w6 woofers that i have in it... look bro i'm not here to say what you do, or what you don't know.. but what i'm saying is right!! outside of not typing MONO BLOCK? after the 2 CHANEL !! forgive me!!

a monoblock is still a single channel amp even if it has two sets of speaker outputs. the only freaking reason there are two sets is to help ease wiring multiple woofers together. it doesnt matter if you use one set or the other set or both. the amp will see the same exact load and it will play exactly the same. shit, some amps when you look at the guts, they only have two wires coming from the speaker terminals to some other place on the board. so tell me how thats two channels?

that amp is 1500rms. your alt is almost twice the size of mine, and my amp is rated 300w less than yours. i've never had a single problem with my stock alt and its like 10 years old. i have the big 3 done in 0 gauge which helps a lot, and its my only electrical upgrade. i also have a 2 year old stock walmart battery under the hood. driving ill drop to like high 13's, idle i'll drop to low 12's no problem.

Edited by Kranny

2 channel and mono block are 2 COMPLETELY different things.

I know the amps are! but they do have single chanel mono block amps.. I responded to cgomez90 as soon as he posted. if he had responded timely I'm sure I would have clarified the misunderstanding!! But thx for having my bac all the same.. respect..

ok well tell me why not than? and while your at it, let me know what car comes with a stock alt that's putting out 170 amps?
lots of new cars come with large stock alts. why dont you want a two channel for subs? cause one, 99% of them are only bridgeable down to 4 ohms. two, i've never seen a two channel that can output over ~1000wrms. three, its a waste of money because they arent made for subs. four, if you run two subs, one on each channel, and you have them in a common chamber box like a smart man, they will cancel each other out whenever the bass frequencies in a song arent balanced perfectly 50/50 on the left and right channels which is 99.99999% of the time. five, monoblocks are more cost effective for subwoofers. six, two channels are pretty much meant for extremely small woofers (like 200rms) or for someone looking to drive multiple mids and highs. should i keep going noob? edit: if you're thinking of the monoblocks that have two sets of speaker terminals (which is like, almost all of them), that can make it appear that it has two channels, but it doesnt. you're mistaken and you're an idiot for questioning me edit 2: i've seen tons of cars that can run larger amps on a stock alt, as long as they have the battery reserve to back it up. im not saying that he WONT need one, but its not like his car is going to fucking explode if he doesnt drop $500 on a new alt. hence why i said for him to WATCH HIS VOLTAGE so he wont risk hurting the amp. edit 3: you're even more of a noob when he listed what woofers he had in his very first post and you still asked what the hell the power handling was. it takes me 10 seconds to put ascendantaudio.com into my address bar and find the woofer
ok well tell me why not than? and while your at it, let me know what car comes with a stock alt that's putting out 170 amps?
lots of new cars come with large stock alts. why dont you want a two channel for subs? cause one, 99% of them are only bridgeable down to 4 ohms. two, i've never seen a two channel that can output over ~1000wrms. three, its a waste of money because they arent made for subs. four, if you run two subs, one on each channel, and you have them in a common chamber box like a smart man, they will cancel each other out whenever the bass frequencies in a song arent balanced perfectly 50/50 on the left and right channels which is 99.99999% of the time. five, monoblocks are more cost effective for subwoofers. six, two channels are pretty much meant for extremely small woofers (like 200rms) or for someone looking to drive multiple mids and highs. should i keep going noob? edit: if you're thinking of the monoblocks that have two sets of speaker terminals (which is like, almost all of them), that can make it appear that it has two channels, but it doesnt. you're mistaken and you're an idiot for questioning me edit 2: i've seen tons of cars that can run larger amps on a stock alt, as long as they have the battery reserve to back it up. im not saying that he WONT need one, but its not like his car is going to fucking explode if he doesnt drop $500 on a new alt. hence why i said for him to WATCH HIS VOLTAGE so he wont risk hurting the amp. edit 3: you're even more of a noob when he listed what woofers he had in his very first post and you still asked what the hell the power handling was. it takes me 10 seconds to put ascendantaudio.com into my address bar and find the woofer
quick ? for the dude who's being verbally disrespectful. .. a D CLASS AMP with TWO terminals would technically be considered a 2 what? and thaks for the knowledge of what 99.9% of new cars come with, I have 2009 ss impala, and the 135 amp alt that it came with went out on me twice after I put the system in the car!! and when the cars warranty ran out, I put the 220 amp alt in, along with a 2100w stinger battery for the trunk. now i'm without worries of not having enough power for my fuaion ppam 300010 and the 2 jl w6 woofers that i have in it... look bro i'm not here to say what you do, or what you don't know.. but what i'm saying is right!! outside of not typing MONO BLOCK? after the 2 CHANEL !! forgive me!!

you do realize that a monoblock has one channel regardless of how many terminals are on it for an input right? find me some two channel one ohm stable amps while you're at it. They are few and far between. Your alternator went out because your car is not designed to handle any additional load on your alternator. It means your car is using almost all of that 135 amps for your car. Thats why it went out.

Heres what you should do. Sit back and read. Stop posting on things you arent right on. you'll learn quite a bit by doing this.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you do realize that a monoblock has one channel regardless of how many terminals are on it for an input right? find me some two channel one ohm stable amps while you're at it. They are few and far between. Your alternator went out because your car is not designed to handle any additional load on your alternator. It means your car is using almost all of that 135 amps for your car. Thats why it went out.

Heres what you should do. Sit back and read. Stop posting on things you arent right on. you'll learn quite a bit by doing this.

thank you nate...thank you

I know the amps are! but they do have single chanel mono block amps.. I responded to cgomez90 as soon as he posted. if he had responded timely I'm sure I would have clarified the misunderstanding!! But thx for having my bac all the same.. respect..

all monoblocks are single channel. i dont understand what you dont fucking get about that. a monoblock could have 12 sets of speaker outputs on it and its still a single channel.

all monoblocks are single channel. i dont understand what you dont fucking get about that. a monoblock could have 12 sets of speaker outputs on it and its still a single channel.

I see its all about confrontation on this site huh, I said my alt went out twice, AFTER I INSTALLED THE SYSTEM. I stated that to get THAT SHORTAGE OF AMPS FROM A STOCK ALT POWER point across! and the last time i checked when running a amp thats rated over 500w rms at 4 omhs? when you drop the omhs down to 1, that automatically means double the draw of power!! so for those that don't know? be true to yourself and upgrade your power source alt and bat!! you will be happy that you did.. YOU WILL FEEL YOUR MONEY A LOT MORE!!! I said 2 channel D Class! but didn't put mono block behind it? AGAIN FORGIVE ME FOR THAT. I wasn't meaning to provide bad info by It... but a channel is a channel no matter what.. for the sake of any farther arguments the word channel means > to guide into or convey through a channel or channels< so if the mono block has 12 terminals, that means that the muthafukn signal would be channeled 12 fukn ways.. so technically I'm not wrong!!. Now if I had said a 2 channel evergreen' or audiovox amp? I could understand being called an idiot a noobe not knowing shit about anything... and trust me the only reason I'm on this site is to learn more about this passion we all share for good systems..

my ears are open wide bro..

I see its all about confrontation on this site huh, I said my alt went out twice, AFTER I INSTALLED THE SYSTEM. I stated that to get THAT SHORTAGE OF AMPS FROM A STOCK ALT POWER point across! and the last time i checked when running a amp thats rated over 500w rms at 4 omhs? when you drop the omhs down to 1, that automatically means double the draw of power!! so for those that don't know? be true to yourself and upgrade your power source alt and bat!! you will be happy that you did.. YOU WILL FEEL YOUR MONEY A LOT MORE!!! I said 2 channel D Class! but didn't put mono block behind it? AGAIN FORGIVE ME FOR THAT. I wasn't meaning to provide bad info by It... but a channel is a channel no matter what.. for the sake of any farther arguments the word channel means > to guide into or convey through a channel or channels< so if the mono block has 12 terminals, that means that the muthafukn signal would be channeled 12 fukn ways.. so technically I'm not wrong!!. Now if I had said a 2 channel evergreen' or audiovox amp? I could understand being called an idiot a noobe not knowing shit about anything... and trust me the only reason I'm on this site is to learn more about this passion we all share for good systems..

:stfu2: lol your wrong, a monoblock has 1 channel. there is 2 speaker outputs on them, so what its one channel regardless

a 2 channel amp has 2 channels. there is a speaker output per channel

you have to make sure that your amp that does 500 watts at 4 ohm is even stable to go down to 1 ohm

:popcorn::twirl:

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

you do know that mono = 1 right.i think your confusing terminals with channels