Really need some help with this!!?!?!

Okay so I just got my Dc270XP back from being repaired

First time Ive ever had it hooked up and I can tell the alt is working because I rest at 14.8

But the issue is I have a kicker zx1000.1 and kicker 350.4 and at full tilt I still get drop into the mid 11s and even high 10s

What could possibly be my issue guys!?!?!?!?!

If you do have the battery and big three upgrade then I would recommend checking the connections on the upgrade. If the connections have issues it will not perform as well.

5a47b02.jpg

http://Bhirst.com My portfoilo and blog!

2005 Nissan 350z with an iPad install and a dd 2508

http://www.stevemead...ll-and-dd-2508/

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

http://www.stevemead...n-half-for-fun/

BIG THREE and proably another battery for 1000.1...............

• Minivanfromhell -- Proud Member of Shut It Down Boyz & GEORGIA CAR AUDIO

Pioneer DEH-3400-UB

Vega 65 cs & 1" tweets & T3 4" coax in Front

1- Dual 300 with an AQ sticker

2-AQ sdc2.5 12's

1- AQ 1200D.1

Monster Cable RCA's

Monster Cable 4-awg

Custom 4 th order box ( by DBC )

Crescendo FT1's in rear- 1/0 Big Three

Opti Blue top in back for Mono Amp

Stinger Power dis. block

125 amp breaker at front batt.

Stock Alt.

Guest DC Power Rob

What kind of vehicle is it? 9/10 times it's either belt slip or wiring.. Is it happening at idle and highway speeds, make sure the belt is TIGHT.. If you have a 4 cylinder motor, you may be dropping engine rpms low enough where it's not charging enough at idle.. No way with that alternator under normal circumstances should you drop that much only running that much power. Those alternators just dont do that, ever, without something else wrong in the system..

Do you have the big 3 done and are you running a stock battery

Yes I have the big 3 done in 0g knu konceptz wire

Its not the stock batt but its also not a car audio batt either

If you do have the battery and big three upgrade then I would recommend checking the connections on the upgrade. If the connections have issues it will not perform as well.

As stated above the big 3 is done.batt is my next purchase i guess

BIG THREE and proably another battery for 1000.1...............

Dude theres no way i should need a solo batt for that amp

What kind of vehicle is it? 9/10 times it's either belt slip or wiring.. Is it happening at idle and highway speeds, make sure the belt is TIGHT.. If you have a 4 cylinder motor, you may be dropping engine rpms low enough where it's not charging enough at idle.. No way with that alternator under normal circumstances should you drop that much only running that much power. Those alternators just dont do that, ever, without something else wrong in the system..

2006 hyundai elantra

both at idle and highway speeds.less of a drop at highway speeds though

I'll check all the connections and the belt this weekend.

Guest DC Power Rob

There's a pretty large diameter pulley on hat alternator to help with the 4G belt, but you still gotta get them TIGHT... If your dropping at highway speeds, belts gotta be slipping or wiring issues.. No way you drop that low on that alt while cruising that much.. We run 3-4k watt systems on vehicles with much bigger stock amp draws with way less drop.. This was the car I was thinking it was, and am pretty sure it's most likely belt slip.. We made the pulley on that alternator larger than stock to help, but it doesn't have the best "wrap" and can still slip if it's not really tight, and your car doesn't have an automatic tensioner... Let us know if we can help... Rob

Archived