MS-8 unboxing update:

I bought this MS-8 BNIB from Papasin. Great guy to work with. Will buy from again.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

As you can see the item was warped in brown paper and securely taped together.

Box looks great with no signs of major issues/damage to the contents.

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Some shots of the interior. Packaged in thick foam:

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

Everything still has its protective films (screens and MS-8). Exactly as described:

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Some slight cosmetic scratches but nothing I'm freaking out about:

IMG_0189.jpg

Here is the shot showing protective plastic still on the MS-8 from factory.

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

Hopefully I can get this installed this weekend, have a lot to run and clean up. Might start cleaning things up tomorrow and figuring where I will temp mount the unit.

Parts-Express update:

Got my shipment of wire management supplies from Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components

First off this is a wonderful company. Quick shipping, properly packed boxes, and not to mention for me they are local. They have just about everything I would need and then some. If I were an owner of a shop I wouldn't mind having them as a supplier. Great products

Any way for those who don't know I'm re-designing my amp rack. You can say I'm building it up to code for competitions if I choose to eventually get into.

Here is what I got:

First off I need to extend my power wire as atm it is to short to effectively mount it out of the way.

3' Black OFC 2 gauge power wire (I actually measured about half a foot more then 3':dance: )

IMG_0196.jpg

As you can see it's not the most flexible piece of wire but is still workable.

IMG_0197.jpg

Construction: 2641 strands x 36 ga. OFC. 12mm OD.

5' Black OFC 4 gauge power wire (Once again I measure over a foot more then ordered)

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Construction: 1672 strands x 36 ga. OFC. 10 mm OD.

5' Red OFC 4 gauge power wire (Same result as the black)

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

Construction: 1672 strands x 36 ga. OFC. 10mm OD.

I was thinking about using Tech Flex as a covering agent but decided against it as it wasn't cheap for 25'.

10' 3/4" Split loom. Lol no the cat didn't get shipped with the loom.

IMG_0203.jpg

1 Three pole 20A panel mount:

This will be used as my remote turn on board for my amps, fans, and whatever else I decide to run off this (don't worry at that point a relay will be used)

IMG_0204.jpg

3 Packs of 12 of 1/2" cable clamps:

IMG_0205.jpg

3 Packs of 6 of 3/4" cable clamps:

IMG_0206.jpg

Most recent up to date update:

Tweeter update:

Tweeters from Papasin came in yesterday.

For Sales Thread:

8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

He sent it double boxed and stuffed with air pouches. As stated they are LNIB and at closer inspection they look BNIB. Tested ohm readings and everything checks out great. Here are some shots I snapped this morning.

IMG_0219_zpsc4d7177a.jpg

IMG_0220_zpse01a8ead.jpg

IMG_0221_zps877f8a7e.jpg

IMG_0222_zpscbf27b2d.jpg

Went with a flush mount. Can't say I did a good job with drilling the holes as my Dermal got away from me both times so the holes were a little big. Nothing major and nothing a little Goop and black sharpie can't fix for now till I can get replacement kicks (holes for my first tweeters) as I couldn't utilize the same location.

Overall impression with a general MS-8 tune is great. Sound good (needs small tweaks) with the basic tune (no EQ adjustments yet) and keep up nicely with my mids...

Crossed initially at 2500 hz but ended up going to 3k as it seems to transition well at this point. Over the next couple weeks I will make small adjustments and listen to multiple songs to get an idea and soon hope to have this thing tuned just about perfect.

Archived