KronicHigh Posted March 16, 2012 Report Posted March 16, 2012 Nice score. Wife says she hates you lmao. only thing apple I own is an iPod 2nd gen ha. Love my droid personally. Do say the ipad is nice, just not for me. Click here to visit my UBL! My feedback thread.
rogue Posted March 16, 2012 Author Report Posted March 16, 2012 Nice score. Wife says she hates you lmao. only thing apple I own is an iPod 2nd gen ha. Love my droid personally. Do say the ipad is nice, just not for me. Thanks man, and tell the wife to run out to wally world quick if she wants to scoop one. It dont seem like it was well advertised that they were selling them that early so they may still have some. BMW X5 Stealth Build w/ IPAD BMW 325i Rear Deck Digital Designs Build BMW 325i Car PC Touchscreen Bezel Build
sprkn_ranger Posted March 16, 2012 Report Posted March 16, 2012 The iPad was not just meant for gaming, so the higher resolution is plenty useful. Watching video/movies, browsing the web, reading a book, looking at high res photos...the higher res screen is much more than just for gaming. you can view high res photos but i bet they are not going to be from the ipads camera. you will probably just see the grain. also if watching youtube videos that are 480p or worse they arent going to look any better. i dont think 1080p videos will look any better since its just a 10 inch screen. you will probably only see a difference with that resolution with a bigger screen. I can see a noticeable difference in 480p to 1080p videos on my iPhone 4s screen. An yea the camera probably isn't going to be that great, but there are plenty other places to get high res photos than the on board camera. It's one of those thing that you really have to see to appreciate I guess. I didn't think going from the iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 4 was gonna be that big of an improvement but boy was I wrong. Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
rogue Posted March 16, 2012 Author Report Posted March 16, 2012 I shall see tomorrow... I have an Ipad 2 and 3 to compare. For the record I wont be playing any games on it... i got enough hobbies as it is. How anyone can talk any type of shit at all about something they havent even seen in person is beyond me but OK. BMW X5 Stealth Build w/ IPAD BMW 325i Rear Deck Digital Designs Build BMW 325i Car PC Touchscreen Bezel Build
KHRISS Posted March 16, 2012 Report Posted March 16, 2012 thats the closes youll get to a imac with a ipad lmao CURRENT SYSTEM (VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE (HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U (DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF (FRONT DOOR) JBL P693 (REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730 (TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2 (SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON (4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP (1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2 (PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC (BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP (SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI (POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1 (SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE (INTERIOR) DYNAMAT COMING SOON 2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON 2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON
kl0wn Posted March 16, 2012 Report Posted March 16, 2012 People always arguing over Apple. Anybody that says Apple is trash is pretty dumb. They are great products, the company on the other hand though... But anyways, congrats! -Android User. So don't think I am being biased. 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
sprkn_ranger Posted March 16, 2012 Report Posted March 16, 2012 How am I missing the point? They were arguing that higher resolution is useless cause the iPad can't play the games with better graphics, which in turn I said its not just for gaming and listed other uses for a higher res screen... And Yes I can see a visible difference in resolution from 480p compared to 1080p on my iPhone 4s which is a tiny 3.5" screen. Increasing screen resolution on small screens is only beneficial until your eyes can't visibly make out the individual pixels. The iPhone 4s is at 326 pixels per inch, and no matter how close I get to the screen, I can't make out the individual pixels. The iPad 3 has 264 pixels per inch so I'd be willing to bet the pixels will be visible if you get up close to it, but at normal viewing distances they can't be seen individually. Yes, sorry for going off topic op...this is my last post here. Hope you enjoy it man! Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
JZeFF Posted March 16, 2012 Report Posted March 16, 2012 OP: some people talk shit about everything, its like a 2nd job to them. You have the right idea though... ignore it, lol. And im pumped to see one of your 5 ipads end up in that bmw, lol. Get at it! Pioneer x930 bt Rockford t2500 bdcp 18" nightshade v1 DC audio 175.4 RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon) 3x XS power D2700's Knukonceptz 0awg all around
rogue Posted March 16, 2012 Author Report Posted March 16, 2012 chilling on the couch just surfing the web mostly and watching youtube vids. also find my self using it a lot when people come over with the apple tv to show youtube clips, websites, and pix on the big screen so everyone can see via mirror function and its all wireless so its simple to just change the input on the TV and viola mirror image from ipad. also use as home theater remote for the apple tv. I have a handfull of apps i frequently use like flipboard, mint, vevo, and ebay. The others i use rarely truthfully. Im sure theres plenty apps im missing out on. Its always on, with just the touch of one button im back wherever i left off just making it the go to product when I need to check something vs zooming in and out on my phone to see full webpages or bothering with a laptop/desktop. I wouldnt go with out a full computer but the Ipad definately has its place.... Oh yeah did I mention im using the old ipad 2 as a headunit in my current build? BMW X5 Stealth Build w/ IPAD BMW 325i Rear Deck Digital Designs Build BMW 325i Car PC Touchscreen Bezel Build
rogue Posted March 16, 2012 Author Report Posted March 16, 2012 OP: some people talk shit about everything, its like a 2nd job to them. You have the right idea though... ignore it, lol. And im pumped to see one of your 5 ipads end up in that bmw, lol. Get at it! Haha thanks man, oh and im at a total a 3 ipads currently.....sold about 3 in the last 3 months. BMW X5 Stealth Build w/ IPAD BMW 325i Rear Deck Digital Designs Build BMW 325i Car PC Touchscreen Bezel Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.