Second Skin Audio

Box help

IMO, 1.49 is pretty small for a 12 that is basically getting RMS. I suspect that f3 will not be very low, and I suspect you will be losing the output that a larger box typically garners

That's the recommended on the DC site.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

IMO, 1.49 is pretty small for a 12 that is basically getting RMS. I suspect that f3 will not be very low, and I suspect you will be losing the output that a larger box typically garners

Most DC Audio subs work in below average sized boxes, if fact the Pioneer TS-W3002 is recommended for 1.2 cubic feet ported and still gets real low.

Okay.. but yet I need a 12 inch woofer in there.. with 11.5 as a height how's that work? :o

The cutout diameter is 11" so it fits..tughtly, the outside diameter should be around 12.5" so it also fit.. you will have 1/4" clearance each side..very little, in fact I had to go for the all across Width/height baffle for this reason.

Okay.. but yet I need a 12 inch woofer in there.. with 11.5 as a height how's that work? :o
The cutout diameter is 11" so it fits..tughtly, the outside diameter should be around 12.5" so it also fit.. you will have 1/4" clearance each side..very little, in fact I had to go for the all across Width/height baffle for this reason.

Damn, haha so the rubber will fit as well on the box? Also, how would you suggest cutting the port for the box? Being that I have to cut through the double baffle and make a perfect retangle box.. Does the port HAVE to be on the double baffle? Rather not cut my port.

Check out my build log:

i'm trying to build a box for a mayhem 12 thats why i ask....i wonder if that box will work? what do you think?

This box simply can't work with your mayhem 12", this sub needs 1.75-3 cubic feet to work properly.. I could suggest you an enclosure for that sub if you wish.

Damn, haha so the rubber will fit as well on the box? Also, how would you suggest cutting the port for the box? Being that I have to cut through the double baffle and make a perfect retangle box.. Does the port HAVE to be on the double baffle? Rather not cut my port.

I use the following assembly style most of the times:

SD-DB.jpg

But on 13" is not possible, you would almost cut the baffle in two pieces if you tried.

I use the following assembly style most of the times:

SD-DB.jpg

But on 13" is not possible, you would almost cut the baffle in two pieces if you tried.

As do I.. I could give you a higher height.. I'm trying to play it safe being that I made one box and it was to tall, w asn't enough room for the sub to flex.. would have hit the roof.. guess in this case i'd be safe since the sub isn't facing up. Give me one second and I can give you a higher height if your willing?

Check out my build log:

It can be done as follows with the alternative assembly method:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33 Hz

Vb = 1.505 ft^3

External Height = 14.25 in

External Width = 21 in

External Depth = 18 in

Port Width = 1 13/16 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 18 7/16 x 12 3/4

Front Internal = 16 15/16 x 12 3/4

Back = 21 x 12 3/4

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 16 1/2 x 12 3/4

Side 2 = 17 1/4 x 12 3/4

Top & Bottom = 21 x 18

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 11/16 x 12 3/4

Extension = 15 x 12 3/4

Same assembly guide as above:

SD-DB.jpg

It can be done as follows with the alternative assembly method: Enclosure Specifications: Fb = 33 Hz Vb = 1.505 ft^3 External Height = 14.25 in External Width = 21 in External Depth = 18 in Port Width = 1 13/16 in Cut Sheet List: * All Dimensions in Inches. * Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts. External Enclosure Parts: Front = 18 7/16 x 12 3/4 Front Internal = 16 15/16 x 12 3/4 Back = 21 x 12 3/4 Left & Right Sides: Side 1 = 16 1/2 x 12 3/4 Side 2 = 17 1/4 x 12 3/4 Top & Bottom = 21 x 18 L Port Internal Assembly Parts: Front to Back = 14 11/16 x 12 3/4 Extension = 15 x 12 3/4 Same assembly guide as above: SD-DB.jpg

Beautiful, mind telling me in a decimal what you put for port width and also what you put for length? I understand 1 13/16 for port length but what's that in decimals?

Check out my build log: