sprkn_ranger's DC audio build. *Kerfing has begun*

That looks awesome always loved kerfs.

Thanks man! I'm happy with how it came out. It was definitley a learning process doing those kerfs but I think I got a hang of them now :D

Tonight I was able to finish getting all of the kerfs filled with resin and I also added 3 layers of fiberglass mat to the inside of all the bends. That shit is solid as a rock now! I was also able to get one side piece on as well but lost motivation shortly after :pardon: lol

Tomorrow, I plan on getting the other side piece and back on then I'm going to put at least on layer of fiberglass mat in all the corners since I have plenty leftover. I'll have pictures of my progress sometime tomorrow...I hope lol :D

As promised, here are some pictures.

An overall progress shot. I would brush whatever resin I had left in my cup after soaking the mat on the panels to seal the mdf. I didn't want to waste any resin :D

329c1f5c.jpg

Here's a close up of the 3 layers of mat on the inside of one of the kerf bends:

313bf61b.jpg

I countersunk the screws so when I paint the baffle I can just fill these, sand them smooth, and have a nice finish, I dunno why they look all over the place in the pic, they are all evenly spaced :pardon: lol

5958ba78.jpg

I should get some more work done later today, but I'm gonna build a shelf with some scrap mdf I have or my son's Xbox, right now it's just sitting on the dresser next to the TV and it makes me nervous that it's going to get knocked over from his younger brothers. So that will be done first and the box work will come after that.

Well progress has been slow cause I've been real busy with getting things ready for my sons birthday party which was yesterday. Now that the party is over, I can focus a little more time on finishing the box. I was able to get a little bit done tonight after I laid the kids down to bed, here is the progress.

Got the other side piece on:

d3d81b17.jpg

And the back piece is just about ready to go on, just need to pre-drill all the holes for the screws and glue it together:

bd516aa0.jpg

And I picked up a couple cans of primer to get it all painted up:

234b0183.jpg

More progress will come tomorrow!! :drinks:

Looks awesome man! Those kerfs look amazing.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Looks awesome man! Those kerfs look amazing.

Thanks man! Hopefully I can get a demo of your setup soon and I can show you my box :drinks:

Archived