Second Skin Audio

New box = noise?

well those dd's are beast, so i dont think they would bottom out!!! i wish i could hear the noise to better help ya homie. ill mock up a box with those dimensions and that sub in my program to see what's up with it!!(to see if i get too much port noise) what coils do you have on the sub? only other thing, could be wiring is coming lose on the sub itself and malfunctioning as the volume is increased. you gotta a good amp too, so i dont think that is the problem.

hold the port and see if the noise stops,

or check sub for separated neck joint.

my sub would play fine at low volume and as soon as i turned it up, i would get a weird metal clanking sound. the neck joint separated.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

I have the same problem. When I go full tilt one o my 4 subs has a loud tapping sound. This just started after I double to power to my subs. I think it is bad lead slap. I bent the leads down a little and it helped, but didn't go away. :(

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

well those dd's are beast, so i dont think they would bottom out!!! i wish i could hear the noise to better help ya homie. ill mock up a box with those dimensions and that sub in my program to see what's up with it!!(to see if i get too much port noise) what coils do you have on the sub? only other thing, could be wiring is coming lose on the sub itself and malfunctioning as the volume is increased. you gotta a good amp too, so i dont think that is the problem.

I dont have any upgraded coils or anything

hold the port and see if the noise stops,

or check sub for separated neck joint.

my sub would play fine at low volume and as soon as i turned it up, i would get a weird metal clanking sound. the neck joint separated.

umm.. yeh i played it today and was watching the port on low volume and when it hits mor of low i can hear a slapping kind of noise in the port but i cant reach very far into it since its at an akward angle but me holding it helps it out.... bracing issue?!

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened