Second Skin Audio

2 sa12 port help needed please

i have 2 sa 12's the box is .75 mdf outside measured 40.75wX12tX20d. im looking for a tune of 35hz slot port using 3 sides using the 40.75. my questions are being so wide will it work out ok? what length for the port? looking to do meca as well is been a while. where do tune need to be for headrest still tuned high or lower? whats the best way to change the port for competing? or is a round port better for this box? if so what size and length

If you want to change tunings easily, an aeroport is your friend. In the case of a slot port with that box, do a vertical port. Having a horizontal port stretching the entire width of the box is not realistic in this case.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

duct tape em till you get what you want... and partsexpress is the easiest place to buy pre-made ones

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

With aeros this can work:

Fb = 35.133 Hz

Vb = 3.627 ft^3

Number of Ports = 3

Pipe Port Diameter = 4

Pipe Port Length = 19 3/4

External Length = 5 3/4

This would make a nice daily setup only, the net volume is larger than you would usually find ina SPL box for those subs, your vehicle is large also so cabin gain would be limited.

With aeros this can work:

Fb = 35.133 Hz

Vb = 3.627 ft^3

Number of Ports = 3

Pipe Port Diameter = 4

Pipe Port Length = 19 3/4

External Length = 5 3/4

This would make a nice daily setup only, the net volume is larger than you would usually find ina SPL box for those subs, your vehicle is large also so cabin gain would be limited.

what tune is this? with the box only being 20 it woont fit without an elbow, any idea how to get all 3 in there? what is the external lenghth for?