Sonic Electronix

Well I have a Fi 18'' BTL and a Kicker Zx 2500.1 and im pretty sure im not powering it enough cuz when i turn it up to much it basicly just cuts off until i turn it down. So im kinda in the shit house with ever getting enough money for a new alt so im wanting to know what little things i could do to help my amp not cut out like that btw the amp is only turned up half way so its now like i got this sucker cranked up all the way... So atm i only have a run of 4 gauge wire and my big 3 done in 4 gauge Im going to be buying some 1/0 guage today to upgrade that all and then might try and get a yellow top for under the hood. Would doing any of this help me out much? or would i just be better off getting a new alt? also my alt atm is only 80 amps. So if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Ok so should i buy the alternator first people? or upgrade wiring and batterie first?? anyone?? please??

first i'd get the biggest alternator that your vehicle could hold or at least you can afford. next get the 1/0 ...... that's a must. then go about getting an aftermarket battery and you should be set bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

first i'd get the biggest alternator that your vehicle could hold or at least you can afford. next get the 1/0 ...... that's a must. then go about getting an aftermarket battery and you should be set bro.

Ok the best alt i can get for my car is a 200 amp so ill definently try and get one first and ill have some 1/0 gauge on the way soon too then i was gonna get a yellow top. or should i get somthing else like a kinetic or somthing?

or u could an isolator and another battery prob 2 batterys that u should help u out it help alot

dude your problem is the WIRE itself. 4gauge wire is only good for 135 amps and a Kicker 2500.1 pulls around 210amps which is why the amp is shutting off. upgrade wire FIRST, do not put in an alt first as this will cause your little 4ga to turn into toaster oven wire and burn itself or your amp and even your sub up.

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

dude your problem is the WIRE itself. 4gauge wire is only good for 135 amps and a Kicker 2500.1 pulls around 210amps which is why the amp is shutting off. upgrade wire FIRST, do not put in an alt first as this will cause your little 4ga to turn into toaster oven wire and burn itself or your amp and even your sub up.

THANK YOU!!!!!