Second Skin Audio

is AT a good product? im trying to save money, but everyone is saying that DAMP PRO is just way better

Both are great products. This is the SS section though so thats as far as I'm going

I use just iso alcohol or windex to clean... something that doesnt leave residue that can get rid of dust and any oil/grease.

Interiors will sound better, lows improve usually so its a win win

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Well thanks guys, you pretty much covered everything. :)

Just to reiterate...

Prep the surface with denatured alcohol is fine. Mild soap and water works too. You can even use a heavier degreasers or acetone if it is really nasty.

But whatever you do, stay away from citrus based cleaners as they tend to leave an oily residue that may prevent proper adhesion.

Apply it to only the bare metal. And 13 sq. ft. is plenty for two doors.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Well thanks guys, you pretty much covered everything. :)

Just to reiterate...

Prep the surface with denatured alcohol is fine. Mild soap and water works too. You can even use a heavier degreasers or acetone if it is really nasty.

But whatever you do, stay away from citrus based cleaners as they tend to leave an oily residue that may prevent proper adhesion.

Apply it to only the bare metal. And 13 sq. ft. is plenty for two doors.

is it not necessary to do double layers then in the trunk? like on the hatch part

No, absolutely not.

Very little, if anything, is achieved by using two, three, or more layers of product. Heck even 100% coverage on a panel isn't necessary.

Installation of multiple layers is perpetuated by brands that sell poorly made (or even rebadged) material. They typically follow the "It's so cheap, you can use twice as much..." sort of tagline to sell their product. But test after test shows that is NOT the case.

Start with covering the panel with 25% and see where that gets ya, you'll be surprised!

usa_render4.png

No, absolutely not.

Very little, if anything, is achieved by using two, three, or more layers of product. Heck even 100% coverage on a panel isn't necessary.

Installation of multiple layers is perpetuated by brands that sell poorly made (or even rebadged) material. They typically follow the "It's so cheap, you can use twice as much..." sort of tagline to sell their product. But test after test shows that is NOT the case.

Start with covering the panel with 25% and see where that gets ya, you'll be surprised!

oh well, i guess that only saves me money.

also whats the shipping cost like?

Edited by SlamminBeats

Shipping is calculated based on location. The closer you are to HQ (Tucson AZ), the cheaper it is.

Hit up the site, throw some stuff in the cart, and go through the checkout process up to the point where it asks for payment info, on that page it will have the shipping calculated for you.

usa_render4.png