ok went to walmart and my car just died in the middle of the parkin lot, first i thought i stalled it, but i relized i was in neutral so i tried to start the car and it just kept turnin over and over, my car is gutted so i have pretty easy access to the fuel pump and i noticed that it wasn't on, so i do the whole stick a paper clip in the main relay to hardwire the fuel pump and it came on, so is it definately my main relay went out, or am i over looking something b4 i blow money on a main relay

it's a 93 civic hatchback with 249,xxx miles

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

fuse possibly?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

fuse possibly?

i wished, lol save me so much money that i already don't have

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

I've never heard of the paper clip trick...can you be more specific on how you wired it up with the clip?

i only know honda's for they are my favorite cars, so i don't know if this works on other cars (i don't even know if other makes have a main relay) but anyways find ur main relay under ur dash and unplug it, for my make and model u would look and the wiring harness and at the plug there are like 6 different terminals so all you do is stick a paper clip into the power terminal and the fuel pump terminal, (5&7 for my car) and basically by unplugging the relay and stickin the paperclip into the terminal u are bypassing the relay and just hardwirin the fuel pump to the battery. by doing this ur checkin to see if ur fuel pump is burnt out or ur main relay went bad.

here are some pictures i have found on tegger.com

these just show how the relay works

mainrelay-step1.gif

mainrelay-step2.gif

mainrelay-step3.gif

mainrelay-step4.gif

mainrelay-step5.gif

these 2 pics show the inside of the relay wit the bad circuit boards

james_sml.jpg

dry-joint_small.jpg

these show wat happens when just one of the solders crack

mainrelay-bad-batt.gif

mainrelay-bad-ign.gif

mainrelay-bad-pump.gif

mainrelay-bad-inj.gif

Edited by KWP369

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

That's quite interesting...must be an import thing (I'm not being sarcastic)

I've never seen that done before. Studying the diagrams, I would "assume" if this trick worked, yeah your Main relay must be toast. Cause all you would be doing is shorting it out and bypassing it with the paperclip

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

i guess honda is the only make that uses a main relay so anyways yea, it's the heart of the car and the ECU is the brain lol. so yea i'm just goin to leave it at walmart take out my main relay check all the solders and pray i can just resolder the joints instead of dishin out 130 dollars for a new one. :blink:

SMDsigbannr9.jpg