'99 Cavalier "Bare Box Build" lol

So a requiremeny of the sotm is to have covering on the box? Meaning that because I prefer an industrial look, to see my work and realize what I need to improve on means that I can't be in the drawing? Strange way to control who enters and doesn't, forget it than lol

It says right in the rules and has been a topic of conversation repeatedly man.. its not a way of controlling shit, its whats fair. Some of us will put a lot of time and effort into the finish of our enclosure, instead of being impatient or lazy and leaving it as it.. If you go through all the effort to build a decent box and try to make our shit look nice, why puss out and leave the box bare? Looks like a damned piece of cardboard..your "industrial" look, sounds like a load of bullshit to me, plain MDF is ugly, and you damn well know it. Buck up and drop a feew bucks on some paint or bedliner mang...

Listen, i don't know who you are, but i can appreciate your opinion about MDF being ugly, because i feel that it is too. Good thing that my "temporary" box is made of BIRCH! What i don't appreciate is your saying that my liking of the industrial look being bullshit. I like the raw look of BIRCH because it can be finished with a clear sealer or stained or painted or carpeted or whatever I want to do. I am not by any means "puss-ing out" on finishing the box, nor am i being impatient or lazy. I'll drop a grand on a professional paint job for it or take $10 and buy a couple rattle cans and spray it graffiti style or whatever i want. i'm not complaining or butt hurt about the rules. I do believe that it is lame that to be part of sotm I HAVE to "finish" my box according to someone else's liking. The way I PERSONALLY like MY box to be "finished" is to be bare and seen for what it is. If i want to have a bare, "industrial" finish to my boxes, that's my choice. I did decide, if you look a few posts above your lame ass post, that I did not want to be in the running for the sotm for April. So, you sir, whoever the hell you are, can blow it out your ass and keep your lame opinion to yourself. On with MY build log, thank you.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

What kinda 12s?

Up to you, I wouldn't do the DC 8s though, 12s or 15s really, solid set of woofers on 3.5k will do 50s all day if done right for daily

As for the bare box look, I've always loved it, especially birch. Just looks so clean as it is. Especially if your edges and ports all rounded over, would hate to cover such a great piece of work

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

What kinda 12s?

Up to you, I wouldn't do the DC 8s though, 12s or 15s really, solid set of woofers on 3.5k will do 50s all day if done right for daily

As for the bare box look, I've always loved it, especially birch. Just looks so clean as it is. Especially if your edges and ports all rounded over, would hate to cover such a great piece of work

...Word :twirl:

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix

Currently:

Powder coated 300amp Mike Singer Alt

(1) XS Power D3400

(1) XS Power D3100

Future:

CT Sounds CT2200.1D

DC Audio 15" M2 XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

What kinda 12s?

I was thinking of a ported clam firing into the car, sealed off, 6-8s? I could do 12s, obviously wouldn't kill me haha. Not looking at numbers, would be cool to be in the higher end, but still just looking for shock and awe, something you dont see every day lol. Everything is still under consideration, haven't purchased anything yet.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Hey man, the above post was chode. He is an admin/mod. Just a word of advice, watch what u say u don't want to get kicked off the forums. Keep up the good work. :D

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Bigsix isn't chode, chode69 is chode lol. I appreciate the lookout though. I wouldn't mouth off to admin unless i had a valid point to make. Whoever this bigsix guy is obviously didn't see that I had moved on from the sotm topic and continued with build topic lol.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

My bad haha I thought u were talking to chode. I guess that's what I get for being on SMd when I'm tired

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Haha its all good man

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

• 3 weeks later...

So i've been busy with work and getting stuff ordered for the car. Had a slight stutter at idle and the car cranked a ton when i went to start it. Thought it was the fuel pump so had that taken care of, still didn't solve the problem but now my fuel pressure is perfect lol. Looked under the hood at the electrical side of it and noticed a nice crack in one of the coils, PERFECT!

IMAG1117.jpg

Swapped both out because they're easy to get at

IMAG1118.jpg

IMAG1119.jpg

IMAG1120.jpg

IMAG1121.jpg

IMAG1122.jpg

Next it was time for a new headunit. The pioneer i had was great, but didn't have enough control options or RCA outputs for my liking. Went with the 8300ub

IMAG1104.jpg

IMAG1106.jpg

IMAG1105.jpg

Had a picture of it installed but accidentally deleted it. I'll post it up again once i get the dash kit extension put in, need more room for wires behind the headunit.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Next thing on the list was the Big 3 and getting the car setup for the 3.5k when it comes in. HUGE thanks to Jeff aka Corona_Jeff for the hookup on the American Bass cable, awesome guy to deal with and even better customer service!

IMAG1143.jpg

Probably going to need to order more since i want to do 2 runs of each front to back, but we will see

Few of these little things

IMAG1144.jpg

Borrowed this awesome tool from my team mate Chris aka nightmareimpala, waiting for mine to get here today haha

IMAG1145.jpg

IMAG1146.jpg

Used some awesome 3:1 adhesive backed tubing, great stuff worth every penny!

IMAG1147.jpg

IMAG1148.jpg

IMAG1149.jpg

Found some corrosion

IMAG1150.jpg

Temporary fix until i get more heat shrink connectors

IMAG1151.jpg

IMAG1152.jpg

IMAG1153.jpg

IMAG1154.jpg

Def holds idle voltage a bit better, some songs still destroy it lol. If i hit the throttle and hold it around 1500 rpm the voltage stays right around 14.8 so i can't wait to get my second battery in the trunk. I am looking at mechman and singer for upgrades now, but they'll happen after the 3.5k is in and i get some base voltage numbers first. I don't do much idle demos so if the stocker can keep up on the highway i'll save my pennies haha.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Archived