So I'm looking into upgrading my alarm/Keyless that's stock. My question is can i just tap into the wiring from the factory alarm? i'm looking at getting the VIPER 5501

Edited by darksoul187

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

I got a different alarm installed in mine and they actually had to run 2 relays and a data interface bypass module. because of the factory security system with the computer. Costed a bit more to get put in.

You need to use a bypass module for remote starts. If you run just an alarm you won't need a bypass module because the factory security system will not need to be bypassed to start the vehicle. On some vehicles and bypass modules the bypass can communicate with the vehicle to monitor and control multiple options creating a faster install.

As for the door locks some lock systems requir different outputs which is why they sometimes need to run extra relays.

5a47b02.jpg

http://Bhirst.com My portfoilo and blog!

2005 Nissan 350z with an iPad install and a dd 2508

http://www.stevemead...ll-and-dd-2508/

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

http://www.stevemead...n-half-for-fun/

just dont leave it in gear. lol

2009 Hyundai Accent GL

Alpine CDA 9884

Rockford Fosgate Wire

Rockford Fosgate 501bd

Soundstream 12 Reference

Hifonics Zeus ZXI 6410

Rockford Fosgate T1652

Rockford Fosgate T152

XBL: NW Livin Loud

really thought i had to bypass the clutch? nah my cars never parked in gear besides on big hills

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

everyone above is correct but if i remember right cobalts use a 1 wire lock system so a shop might charge you extra for a realy/resistor set up like a dlrm or like module

yeah i was going to do this myself but this is a little out of my range of feeling good about doing it ill pay to have it done right next thing is to find a safe shop around me half these clowns do half ass work

Edited by darksoul187