Sonic Electronix

I just finished my set up a couple of weeks ago. I'm running a Rockford Fosgate Prime series 5 channel for everything, and it keeps going into protect mode. I've checked everything and can't figure out why. Checked for speakers having bad connections and shorting out and it all looks good. It's rms is 675w, and I'm running 8awg power and ground wire. Stock alt, stock battery (can't remember brand or anything, but it's little). It does fine at high volume when I'm cruising, 50-60mph, but when I stop or slow down (below 30) it goes into protect mode, when it was fine a few seconds before. I've been setting my gains by ear, but I plan on getting a dd-1 soon to set them correctly, However, I turned it down so low that my subs are barely bumpin' because I thought that I was just maxing it out. It does feel pretty hot after 30 minutes of listening though, and it does it a little worse after long periods of time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

If it helps, heres a rundown of all my speakers and such:

2 4x6 Rockford Fosgate Power 45w rms

2 6x9 RF Prime 60w rms

2 12" RF Prime SVC 150w rms, dual sealed enclosure, 1 cubic foot for each sub.

It's my first "big" setup. We all gotta start somewhere.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

I need to get one. Money's been tight, so it took me forever just to get everything it took to get it all in. Next time I get s sufficient pay check I'll do that. The battery looks pretty old. It's got some corrosion on the terminals, and I think it might be time to give that a shot as well.

New battery, clean terminals, big three, and possibly a SMALL secondary battery and a H/O alt have been all the diagnoses I've come to from what I've read. I just wanted a second opinion. My stock alt only puts out 102 amps.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

Most can run stock electrical on 675 RMS if your actually pushing that. I personally believe it's an electical problem. Try cleaning your terminals with soda, see if that helps any. Hopefully someone else will chime in soon give you some other ideas I'm missing.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Alright. I'll give that a shot. Man, I'm already having to do more research. Just finished this system, and it's cool and all. It's really great for my first full system and has great SQ, but I hate this feeling of "What now?" Got some wicked ideas for the next one, but it'll probably be about a year or so before I have everything to put it together. Problem is, if I'm power problems now, I have no clue how I'll push the wattage I want to push in my next install.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Alright. I'll give that a shot. Man, I'm already having to do more research. Just finished this system, and it's cool and all. It's really great for my first full system and has great SQ, but I hate this feeling of "What now?" Got some wicked ideas for the next one, but it'll probably be about a year or so before I have everything to put it together. Problem is, if I'm power problems now, I have no clue how I'll push the wattage I want to push in my next install.

Also if you have a DMM see your voltage that way. Hopefully you had a shop set your gains with an Oscope. You'll always want bigger and better after awhile.. just comes with the hobby. You can get a Mechman alt, HUGE XS batteries ect plenty of ways to power it man, just takes time, and money.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Hopefully you had a shop set your gains with an Oscope.

I set my gains by ear. I don't have a DD-1 yet, but I'm getting one. I have them set looooow though. Like, the subs are at about 4, fronts are at about 5, and rears are at 4. The subs really barely move. I though I was maxing it, so I turned it way down. Same problem when the bass hits hard.

You'll always want bigger and better after awhile.. just comes with the hobby. You can get a Mechman alt, HUGE XS batteries ect plenty of ways to power it man, just takes time, and money.

True that. Seeing my friends start their walls of four 15s makes me so damn jealous. Next set up I'm going for is 8 6.5" components, 8 tweeters, 2 8" midbass, and 2 15s. It'll be 2400w RMS overall. Problem with that is it's pretty hard to save up that much money when you're a college student working part time at a fast food place for $7.25 an hour.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

what ohm are you svc subs?

4ohm. I'm running them both into the dedicated sub portion of my amp wired to 2ohms.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

You should not be having any problems powering that set up on stock electrical. You factor Alt puts out 102 amps.

How old is you Battery up front?

Did you run power and ground from battery back or just the Power wire and grounded in back?