Second Skin Audio

box spec double check/suggustions

just need a double check on this box, i wanna make sure i have enough port and airspace this time around lol somehow my box now got from 5.5cubes down to almost 4 and i have no idea why lol, that and my tuning ended up at 40 some odd hz lol

if anyone feels they have any suggestions please say something, i dont mind criticizim, mind you im not new to the game here, but nor am i old to it either, boxes are the one thing im trying to master right now, well the designing aspect at least

boxmaybes.jpg

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

you dont really need to tune that low to get low... but regardless, moar port.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

and i would make the port quite so skinny if that makes sense... like said above more port would hurt...not tuning so could def help there lol

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

how much? i was told id need less when i tune lower...right now i have 120sq in and tuned to low 40s, i know TO much port, lvl 4 15's m1's are the subs, i was told 110-120 but fuck if i know

im looking to get an all around good sound with this box, meaning... play low, like big pimpin low, and play up to the 50's fine

tuning is just how it came out, im willing to go higher

also its an 01 pt loser, sub up port back, DC 3.5k @ 2ohms, but im only clamping 900 out of it so far, but once i get my alt im gunna see my normal 4300 out of it

Edited by Freshman6969

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

i just dont see the need to tune THAT low.. most music other than modified doesnt go that low... so youre losing alot of musical ability IMO

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

i just dont see the need to tune THAT low.. most music other than modified doesnt go that low... so youre losing alot of musical ability IMO

again....im fine with bumping up the tuning, but as stated above, im looking for an all around type box

my last two box's i havent been happy with, my first 2 15's box i loved, just needed to be braced, but i couldent get a 150 out of that box for the life of me, hence i trashed it lol, but im not to concerned about numbers, numbers are just nice to have

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

I'm tuned to 37, And can play in the 20s. But that's in my pedo van...meaning whatever.

I'd aim for 14-16 Port area per Foot.

You could tune to 33-35 and be fine. And still nail the lows.

Edited by Katt

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

little better? boxsexs.jpg

Edited by Freshman6969

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg