DD1 vs speakers....?

this might have already been covered so im sorry to ask again then, but i cant find them...question is.....When setting up i realize you are getting a clean, unclipping signal at practically max vol. but what if you turn your system up to max vol. if your speakers cant handle max vol wont u still get distortion.

might be a stupid question but im unsure on the answer......thanks ahead of time guys....

A headunits internal amplifier will almost always clip/distort before the RCAs do, this is usually what happens and what causes the terrible sounds

What you can do is disconnect all interiors and put the dd-1 red probe on one of the positive speaker wires, ground the black probe and play the 40hz -5dB track/1000hz -5dB track and see how high you can turn the headunit.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Good advice Decaf.......... i was gonna post just about the same...... :rofl2:

• Minivanfromhell -- Proud Member of Shut It Down Boyz & GEORGIA CAR AUDIO

Pioneer DEH-3400-UB

Vega 65 cs & 1" tweets & T3 4" coax in Front

1- Dual 300 with an AQ sticker

2-AQ sdc2.5 12's

1- AQ 1200D.1

Monster Cable RCA's

Monster Cable 4-awg

Custom 4 th order box ( by DBC )

Crescendo FT1's in rear- 1/0 Big Three

Opti Blue top in back for Mono Amp

Stinger Power dis. block

125 amp breaker at front batt.

Stock Alt.

sorry guys im still confused, and i reread my post and it isn't exactly what i was trying to say. i'll try again, lol. my max volume, lets say is 34, but the dd1 says it clips at 28. so we now know the system will be clean at 27....what if your front speakers are not powerful enough fro the power going to them? i see people on YouTube cranking it to say 27 to see if it is cleaner, and it always works for the best but there is still a possibility that you can blow the speakers tho, right....

the dd-1 is not a power to speaker matching device. It only lets you know if the signal is clipped or distorted. If you use a dd-1 on 5000watt amp and then power a door speaker with it its still going to rip itself apart.

You still have the possibility of blowing your speakers after using a DD-1 by over powering. Its just now you would be over powering with a clean signal.

Team NorthWestSPL