Finally, My Computer Is Running Again!

zomfg guys, for real. I have been using my 15" laptop for about 2 weeks now b/c my computer decided to not act right. I cant determine what it is between the ram, mobo, hdd, and cdrom. I am thinking it is the mainboard, so i am fixing to rebuild it. Today however, i got tired of jsut looking at it, so i tinkered with it a tad, and got it running, well, maybe i should say limping. Before it went down, i was looking into upgrading my monitor, but after looking at my laptop for 2 weeks, this 19" wide is making me oh so happy. My picture is perfect again. for real guys, this is so awesome.

Anyhow, i am still fixing to do a little rebuild on it, and these are the parts i am looking at...

AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 2.8Ghz

250GB Seagate Sata 3GB/s 16mb cache 7200rpm hdd

ASUS M2N AM2 NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Adding all that in with the following i already have...

2GB PC4200 DDR2

Geforce 6800 GT 256MB

WriteMaster CD/DVD-RW

550w Ultra X-Connect PSU

Should be a decent little rig. That board supports up to 8gb of ram with and a dual core proc, so i shouldnt have to upgrade it for a while. The proc should be uber badass. I have been playing with some dual core 2.0 laptops at work with only 1gb of ram, and shitt hdd's/vid cards, and they are badass.

zomfg guys, for real. I have been using my 15" laptop for about 2 weeks now b/c my computer decided to not act right. I cant determine what it is between the ram, mobo, hdd, and cdrom. I am thinking it is the mainboard, so i am fixing to rebuild it. Today however, i got tired of jsut looking at it, so i tinkered with it a tad, and got it running, well, maybe i should say limping. Before it went down, i was looking into upgrading my monitor, but after looking at my laptop for 2 weeks, this 19" wide is making me oh so happy. My picture is perfect again. for real guys, this is so awesome.

Anyhow, i am still fixing to do a little rebuild on it, and these are the parts i am looking at...

AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 2.8Ghz

250GB Seagate Sata 3GB/s 16mb cache 7200rpm hdd

ASUS M2N AM2 NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Adding all that in with the following i already have...

2GB PC4200 DDR2

Geforce 6800 GT 256MB

WriteMaster CD/DVD-RW

550w Ultra X-Connect PSU

Should be a decent little rig. That board supports up to 8gb of ram with and a dual core proc, so i shouldnt have to upgrade it for a while. The proc should be uber badass. I have been playing with some dual core 2.0 laptops at work with only 1gb of ram, and shitt hdd's/vid cards, and they are badass.

could have sent me an e-mail.. i would have trouble shot your system for ya... would have called you.. and we could have worked your sytem out...

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

I mean, i know how to work on computers, so idk wtf is wrong with it. I even had one of my real good friends who is a network admin help me, and we could not figure it out. We have gotten it down to HDD, for sure, and we are thinking the motherboard too.

well anytime you have the wrong ram in a pc, it wont even boot up.. it will just have a black screen. also if your bios isnt up todate with all the shit you are stuffing in it, and not supported you will run into a problem..

just remember, any hardware that comes a with an install disk, run the disk then restart it.. after everything has been installed then turn off to put in the new hardware.. cause that will cause your system not to boot up as well..

It was actually giving me a hard disk error. you know, "hard disk failure, insert system disk"

I know my hdd has problems, and i dont trust it with very ipmortant data for now, so i assumed that was the problem. I went to office depot, and snagged a HDD b/c i didnt want to wait, put it in, intalled an OS, and it ran for about an hour, then the same problem. OK, then i'm thinking it's my sata port/cable. I tried multiple configurations there, nothing. This is just recent.

Since i built this computer, it has its days where it wont show a video signal. It will post fine, but no video. So i'm thinking its gotta be this board being faulty.

It was actually giving me a hard disk error. you know, "hard disk failure, insert system disk"

I know my hdd has problems, and i dont trust it with very ipmortant data for now, so i assumed that was the problem. I went to office depot, and snagged a HDD b/c i didnt want to wait, put it in, intalled an OS, and it ran for about an hour, then the same problem. OK, then i'm thinking it's my sata port/cable. I tried multiple configurations there, nothing. This is just recent.

Since i built this computer, it has its days where it wont show a video signal. It will post fine, but no video. So i'm thinking its gotta be this board being faulty.

i think your boatrd is fuckin up.. cause you are running sata... thats why i like my old fateful ide :) i have had my pII and pIII's forever.. and i never ever had a problem with them :) why geta new pc when all my old shit runs perfect.. plus i am a pc tech, so i can fix anything.

I think the main problem is this.. when you wanted to update your video card, did you check the back of your power supply to make sure that it sould power it? most nvidia cards require an upgraded power supply to get the juice to it.. if not, you could ahve seriously Fucked up your motherboard. a friend of mine friend his emachine that way.. he got into world of warcraft started upgrading shit.. and then fried his pc..

My 550 should be plenty.

Hwever, i do believe that is what happened to my hdd. I ahd alot of stuff split off of the connector theat wnet into the hdd, running like 5fans, and 4 cold cathodes.

Most likely i am going to be upgrading the psu too. Just gonna have to see how money falls. :/

the hdd is the easiest thing to fry... it wont look burned or smell funny.. it will just have read errors and errors.. you can try to go to frys and get a external kit, to make that a external hd and then slave it, and try to pull your files off it.. that kit isnt very expensive at all..

just got to be careful with that shit bro :) upgrade one thing at a time.. so when your pc dont boot after one and it did after everything else, you know instantly what to pull out. and trouble shoot from there..

AMD's good for the price. Although for about $30 you can grab up an Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 (1.86GHz 4MB L2 Cache) and OC the piss out of it. That's just me. I'm debating of either getting that same AMD processor or an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo