Need battery help

Alright, so to begin with here's what I've currently got:

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_eStore/Content.aspx?dsNav=Arpp~12,A~Part+Number,N~21-2147384903,Nr~AND(P_unique_id%3aMT-75%7cSaturn_SL%7c1999_Standard+Battery_L4%2f1.9L)

It doesn't provide any details other than the Cranking Amps but I was wondering how many watts it should be able to support with proper alternator power. I believe I'm going to be upgrading to a 235amp alternator from Singer and running somewhere around 2-2.5k watts RMS total.

Would I be good with running 1 additional battery (XP3000) in the back to support all of this? If not then I'll probably have to save up another month or so and just upgrade to the biggest possible XS battery for under the hood. Spoke to the guys at the XS Power booth at SBN this past weekend and they told me I'd be fine with an upgraded battery under the hood and a single XP3000 in the back running only about 2-2.5k watts RMS.

So if anybody could help me out that'd be great! Cheers! :drinks:

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

xs power already answered your question for u, but if you dont want to spend an arm and a leg on a battery you can look into getting an optima yellowtop for the front, or a duralast platinum(i havent used em but theyre agm and realatively cheap) and then put an xs in the back prolly 80 or 90 ah or larger or 2 52 ah batt's would be plenty. and the alternator is never a bad thing but how many amps is your current alt

xs power already answered your question for u, but if you dont want to spend an arm and a leg on a battery you can look into getting an optima yellowtop for the front, or a duralast platinum(i havent used em but theyre agm and realatively cheap) and then put an xs in the back prolly 80 or 90 ah or larger or 2 52 ah batt's would be plenty. and the alternator is never a bad thing but how many amps is your current alt

I know that XS already told me that an upgraded battery under the hood + 1 XP3000 in the back would be fine, which is why I was trying to see if the battery that I have now (link) would be fine with the XP3000. That way I don't have to spend a few $100 for another battery to replace it under the hood. And I have no idea how many amps my current alt is, but I'm nearly positive it won't be able to supply what I need. I'm pretty much 100% set on just upgrading to a 235a alt from Singer anyways, he quoted me a pretty good price + free lifetime warranty on labor.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

hell yeah thats not bad, the link to your batt didnt work. do you have the model number, nevermind i found it at the top lol, id upgrade to a better bat, that much of a draw will shorten the life of that battery, u could look into that duralast platinum its agm and a few ppl have said its made by the same people as deka, but its only 130 for my jeep and its got the same specs as the optima yellowtop, im probably gonna get one just cuz i dont have the money to upgrade to an xs or even an optima lol

Archived