iceman1575 Posted March 27, 2012 Report Posted March 27, 2012 Thinking about two build ideas... One involves 6.5's, 90db sens, 100w RMS, the other involves 5.25's, 93db sens, 50w RMS. Same price, different speaker sizes, just don't know if having the 3db sensitivity difference would really bother anything...opinions? Note: not a direct VS thread, just a general sensitivity knowledge question POTATO!
Watch the bass Posted March 27, 2012 Report Posted March 27, 2012 +3 dB upgrade is this much what the ear start to hear as diffrence in loudness. If you search a good 6.5 for less http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-155 "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
Skullz Posted March 27, 2012 Report Posted March 27, 2012 Unless you have a dedicated midbass the 5.25's are pretty small and would be asking a lot for any kind of bass output from them while the higher sensitivity of the smaller speaker may seem like a good choice it really comes down to what your expecting out of them. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
iceman1575 Posted March 27, 2012 Author Report Posted March 27, 2012 Unless you have a dedicated midbass the 5.25's are pretty small and would be asking a lot for any kind of bass output from them while the higher sensitivity of the smaller speaker may seem like a good choice it really comes down to what your expecting out of them. That's what I was thinking. I was just trying to go for one set of speakers to do most mids/highs, not a whole lot of midbass, but right now I don't really plan on adding a midbass, but if I do, I might change things around...I might just do the 6.5's in the front and 5.25's in the rear, since there's gonna be enough bass from there anyways Just don't want to do too much mixing... POTATO!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.