Second Skin Audio

AQ HDC3 15" box help

PUNKYOU007

Building a box for two HDC3 15's to go into a 02 Crown Vic. Powered by an old Crescendo 3k.

I would love to stay within these dimensions

14h

43w

27d

Tuned low to mid 30's. The only real way I can think to even build this box is subs up port up just because how big it needs to be and how the trunk of this car is built. Anyhow, if you have a suggestions post up some dimensions or some Torres screen shots.

Thanks!

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

tune it higher jeff. 36-37 ish. that will give you back some area. lots of port area in the 18 sq in range. I almost think you'd have to port up or port back. or even port through the rear deck since the seats wont fold.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yea man i have 2 hdc 3 15's and they REALLY like to breath hard. im tuned to 37 and they still hit low

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

With those dimensions you only have 8.27ft^3 before sub an port displacements. You need to find some more room if you want this to work. And if your max height really is 15", the subs will obviously need to be firing up, which is pretty hit or miss in trunk cars.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

do you already have the subs? if not i would say do 12's if you do have the subs. go for a wall

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

Its not my car...so I gotta work with what he has. The way I am trying to lay out the trunk and have it look good...thats just about all the room I have. There is a small space on each side of the box that I could use...Might give me 1.5 cubes extra. I will see if I can get a good pic since its dark out, might help me better describe what I am trying to do.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

dam man thats still gonna be tough to pull off. talk him into a clean wall. i honestly think it would allow u to get more from the subs

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

Heres a link to a pic of the same car. http://gtcarlot.com/data/Ford/Crown+Victoria/2002/5543604/Trunk-52626341.html

So where the spare tire is I am going to mount two batteries, a video booster and his 4 channel amp.. I am going to make a cover for that area so I will be flush with the big drop off and mount his 3k to that cover. So the 3k will be facing the back of the car. In order for me to not cover up the 3k with the sub box I have to stay under 27" which is the measurement from the floor to that edge. You can see that there is a raised spot on both sides of the trunk. The width between them 43". On the drivers side (which is smaller than the pass side) I just measured and I can go 7" tall, 6.5"wide and 17" deep. So that really only gets me .5 cubes extra. 8.16 total.

RAM..there is an error with my first post..the height can only be 14" not 15"

d(-__-)b

dam man thats still gonna be tough to pull off. talk him into a clean wall. i honestly think it would allow u to get more from the subs

It aint even that kinda build. I mean don't get me wrong I wanna get him as loud as possible but this is just a street car, no competitions in mind. I was going to port thru the rear deck but I was told that unless I build a bandpass box that it would sound bad since the subs are firing into the trunk.

d(-__-)b

go with 1 15 and sell the other and use the money to help fund the project

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056