I was curious as to how low these can go below tuning. When I get my future set up, I will be running 2 12" vvx's off a T1500.1bdCP and I would like to be able to hit down to 28Hz and am curious as to a good tuning to be able to play that without worry.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I was curious as to how low these can go below tuning. When I get my future set up, I will be running 2 12" vvx's off a T1500.1bdCP and I would like to be able to hit down to 28Hz and am curious as to a good tuning to be able to play that without worry.

There are quite a few customers with (2) VVX-12 setups on youtube you could watch :)

Also, these drivers were built to dig out the lows. If I were to get a ported box for the VVXs I would tune mine personally at 30hz. I prefer the lows as well :)

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

In my system I can only go down to about 30hz, im tuned around 33Hz. I just want to be able to play the largest range as I can but still getting to mid 20's.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

In my system I can only go down to about 30hz, im tuned around 33Hz. I just want to be able to play the largest range as I can but still getting to mid 20's.

Well due to the soft suspension and low FS of the VVX line even doing a direct swap would change your peak to below a 30 if it is already a 30 with current setup.

You won't have any trouble getting nasty in the mid 20s with a properly designed box and tuning :)

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

I've been watching videos similar to what I will be doing, and I get more excited each video i see. Any rough estimate how much lower these things can go below tuning? Once I get them I will take a nice time designing and fabricating the box.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I've been watching videos similar to what I will be doing, and I get more excited each video i see. Any rough estimate how much lower these things can go below tuning? Once I get them I will take a nice time designing and fabricating the box.

All depends on the box and car bro. The subs can play in the teens. With my old 4th order I was peaking at 28hz and could do 50s at 22hz

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

Nice, that also is a 4th order, some of the best playable ranges come from them. I think when I get these, I am going to test out a few boxes. I'll make one at 32Hz first, and see down to how low it can get, then I am sure I can assume it will prob be able to play 1-2Hz lower than that in the future from the suspension loosening up a bit. Then from there can see what I would like to tune to.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Nice, that also is a 4th order, some of the best playable ranges come from them. I think when I get these, I am going to test out a few boxes. I'll make one at 32Hz first, and see down to how low it can get, then I am sure I can assume it will prob be able to play 1-2Hz lower than that in the future from the suspension loosening up a bit. Then from there can see what I would like to tune to.

Sounds good....let me know if you need a box design as I work with one of the best builders in Florida :)

Sidenote-He has designed about 6+ designs for SKAR VVX subs and built 4 huge builds involving them :)

Edited by MaliB00M

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin

Lol, well I would love to build my own, but if you could get me one, I would love to see how he would put one together and compare it to my own, learn from his.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Lol, well I would love to build my own, but if you could get me one, I would love to see how he would put one together and compare it to my own, learn from his.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] bro :)

www.TheAutoSkin.com

Owner of The Auto Skin