Second Skin Audio

Can someone sketch this up for me please!

I was wondering if someone with some skills in a 3D modeling software could put this together for me. Center port turned to each side, with a 45 on each side of the box as well as a double 45 in the buttom center of the port.

51210380.png

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

bump

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

OMFG I hate you man, I get on right now and see I got a reply to this topic, and by you of all people. Had me thinken you threw one together.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I COULD be completely wrong about this, but I just tried making it in sketchup for the hell of it, and I ran into a big problem.

Basically, if I understand correctly, when you have a T-shaped port (which is what I think you mean by "turned to each side"), when it splits into 2 parts, each side basically continues the port from the vertical part. (In other words each horizontal length needs to be total port length minus the vertical length. At the same time each horizontal part has half the port area. SO, basically the vertical part goes down to 17" to the midpoint of the "split" part, then after that it needs to continue 15 inches in each direction. The interior width of the box is only 30.5" so basically you have .25" between the wall and end of port. Again, I'm not that experienced, so I could be wrong about how the T shaped ports work.

tl;dr: The port is too long and is right up against the interior wall.

It's late as hell, and it was hard to try to explain what was going on so I'll upload a pic of what I'm talking about.

Edited by LZTYBRN

May have found a simple fix for it. Just ended the port early, so that it actually bends back up. Makes the port a bit longer (33") so the tuning went down to 32.03Hz.

fuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

abnother.png

Anyway, I'm going to bed now. Starting to feel like the guy who talks too much. Let me know if you want more info or whatever. Also, someone else confirm/validate my work? lol, would be cool to know if I did it right.

Edited by LZTYBRN

Wow bro, looks great, and actually how far is that end of the port from the outside wall? the port needs to stay the same width throughout.

i 'm sort of a noob here so this is probably not the smartest question but wouldn't there be a gap between the top plate and the port walls since the box 18.5in tall and the port is only 14.5in shouldn't the port be 17in tall?

It all depends on how you set up your box with this calculator, since my port is on top, the length of the port is actually the depth(width of the box), hope that clears that up for ya.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I would've sketched something up for you, but it was way late and i had a test tomorrow. i'm also like 3 box designs backed up right now lol so sorry. btw looks like you forgot to close your tabs ;)

whoever did the sketchup did it right the second time. the port width along the back wall should be half that of the total port width.

although those 45's should probably be measured

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.