Clipped and non-clipped!

What's the difference between clipped and non-clipped music?! I hear people talking about this everywhere and can't seem to understand the concept.. I read the wiki articles and can't get it. How do you tell if it's clipped too by listening to it?

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

-Stinger Expert Roadkill..Trunk only

-(2) Skar VVX-12's D4 coils

-Dual slot ported to the left custom box tuned @ 32hz

-Audioque 1200D amplifier

A tribe called quest... ftw

The waveform of the sound is square instead of round, so instead of your voltage smoothly rising and falling and sits at one constant voltage for a long period. so basically instead of your speakers moving back and forth it tries to move forward and stay there for a moment. Bad bad bad

ahhhh i'm gettin you now! so how do you tell if a song is clipped or not?! so you're saying round is best!

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

Clipped music sucks but as long as your headunit and amp are not producing clipped signals you just need to be smart with the volume knob

Here's a pic of something clipped in Windows Media Player, right-click on WMP screen and choose Visualzations, Bars & Waves, then Scope. Flat spots are what to look out for, you should be able to easily tell if its Bass thats clipped or the highs (mids too?)

HeNeO.png

y8Q1K.png

This clipping should never be played, its so bad you can audibly hear the distortion, lots of times with clipped bass you will actually hear the vocals drop in volume:

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

there ya go, ^^^ use windows media player with a song that you know has clipping and use the waveform visualization and listen close. you can see then hear the clipping and train your ears. I wish i knew who was the first person on here to say that cause i would give him credit.

vocal clipping pretty much sounds like someone eating a microphone while yelling.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Alright thanks for that example. That gucci mane song sounds like ass on my headphones i'd think that'd be clipped.. Thought i'm getting right now: If you turn up the volume and the bass sounds shitty:Song sucks and its clipped

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

Alright thanks for that example. That gucci mane song sounds like ass on my headphones i'd think that'd be clipped.. Thought i'm getting right now: If you turn up the volume and the bass sounds shitty:Song sucks and its clipped

it may not be the song that's clipped, could just be your player thats clipinng do to too much volume, hence the distortion.

hmm alrighty.. I shall go experiment

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.