So im going to start my build in about a week and i need to know if im going about this the right way. Ive done a few installs but nothing with this amount of power. I plan on doing the big 3 with 1/0 knu. doing 2 runs of 1/0 to the trunk (bus bar, as i will be running 4 amps) i havent been able to locate a high output alt for my car ( 01 A6 C5 2.7t) and i really dont wanna run stock. if anyone can find one id appreciate it lookin for 250-300 amps. I will also be using a optima yellow top D-35 as my main battery. so what do you guys think?? i know alot of you have systems in the 4-8k range so id appreciate any input. -MOOSE

Big three for sure, email these companies and see if they can help you on a alt

Www.mechman.com

Www.dcpowerinc.com

Www.singeralternators.com

I'd do atleast two big batts in the rear also, like the XS XP3000 or the XS D3100

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Thanks man, i'll try to get ahold of them. im sure theyd have to make me a custom casing for it but the only thing that worries me is that there really isnt any room in the stock location. and i was thinking about possibly getting a second D-35 for the rear, that way the charging/discharge would be the same. you think this will be good enough? heres a link for the battery specs

http://shop.optimabatteries.com/products/productdetail/Optima+Batteries+8040-218+D35+YellowTop+Starting+%26+Deep+Cycle+Battery/part_number=D35/1737.0.1.1.62466.0.0.0.0?pp=8&

Big three for sure, email these companies and see if they can help you on a alt

Www.mechman.com

Www.dcpowerinc.com

Www.singeralternators.com

I'd do atleast two big batts in the rear also, like the XS XP3000 or the XS D3100

Hmm. I have an old Yellow Top that I'm not using. I wonder if I can wire it in the trunk with my XP3000 and keep my D2400 under the hood.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

its definitely worth a call to each of these guys. No one made an alt for my car (very awkward placement not much room) but all three of them worked with me and came up with a design for me at a very reasonable price. Three great companies here but I ended up going with mechman if it matters.

Team NorthWestSPL

thanks mrd6 im gunna take some pics of the mounting area and send them in to the companies see if they can figure somethin out. only thing that sucks is i dont really wanna be spendin 6-7 bones on an alt. i was hoping for more in the 450 range. but we get what we pay for. im assumin they made a custom housing for yours, what was it cost to you if you dont mind me askin?

Thanks man, i'll try to get ahold of them. im sure theyd have to make me a custom casing for it but the only thing that worries me is that there really isnt any room in the stock location. and i was thinking about possibly getting a second D-35 for the rear, that way the charging/discharge would be the same. you think this will be good enough? heres a link for the battery specs

http://shop.optimaba...6.0.0.0.0?pp=8

You want to run 4-8 k watt rms on 1 or 2 yellow tops???

you+mad+bro_edb36c_3429172.jpg

30 sec music or 5 burps and you are under 12 volt´s. 2 XS Power XP 3000 or D 3100 in the battbank and the biggest baddest you can fit on the stocklocation. Equivalent 5-7 of the yellow tops.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

if 450 is your price range i think you should REALLY try out singer alternators.

he will email you a quote within 1-2 days and is very reasonable about the price for a unit.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

http://shop.optimaba...6.0.0.0.0?pp=8

You want to run 4-8 k watt rms on 1 or 2 yellow tops???

you+mad+bro_edb36c_3429172.jpg

30 sec music or 5 burps and you are under 12 volt´s. 2 XS Power XP 3000 or D 3100 in the battbank and the biggest baddest you can fit on the stocklocation. Equivalent 5-7 of the yellow tops.

it comes out to 4850w rms. with the 2) sub amps at 1ohm and the other 2) comp amps at 2ohms. i wasnt sure if 2 yellows could handle that kind of load. imma go check out some of the xs batteries now, thanks again

if 450 is your price range i think you should REALLY try out singer alternators.

he will email you a quote within 1-2 days and is very reasonable about the price for a unit.

i sent them an inquiry with as much info as i could. hopefully they can fix me up with something. thanks for the help.