Sonic Electronix

Box size recomendations, for SA ZV3 10"

Hello all I am new to the SMD forum. I have always been into the car audio scene, but never really had too much time on hand. I just ordered my first SA sub the ZV3 10". On the SA site it says it requires max ported enclosure 1ft^3, but will it hurt it to go with a bigger box, like 3ft^3 maybe.

I will be strapping on a BRZ1700.1d @ 1ohm to it.

Currently i'm running a Kicker 15" L7 in a 4.5ft^3 box in a Chevy Malibu 11'

Any and all info will be greatly appreciated, also has anyone paired up this driver with a higher output amp say a 2k or maybe even 2.5k?

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Why would you strap a pair on brutus amps at 1 ohm? You are just asking for blue smoke

And you are not going to be able to run that power in a THREE cubic foot box. Not at all, not even close.

What sort of electrical do you have? Can you even support 3400 watts of power?

I get the impression that you really don't know what on earth you are doing. Which is fine, there is nothing wrong with that. We all start somewhere. But try to play with smaller, less expensive things as you learn :) and not running double RMS to a single 10. There isn't much forgiveness doing what you want to do with your setup right now.

Maybe I wasnt very clear, i'm running the sub with a BRZ1700.1 I will not be strapping a pair of Brutus amps to the sub. I know alot of the basics, driver is 1500w RMS BRZ is 1700wRMS @ 1ohm

And as for electrical, im still stock ALT with Big 3 0gauge, stock batt with a HC 1800 in trunk all wiring is 0gauge, also have a 2farad cap

Does that sound better,,,,

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Archived