1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Ok here goes! Check this out!

Got the Box out and prepped it up! This has to be done before anything else can be built inside of it or for it. Some different views.

DSC06023.jpg

DSC06024.jpg

DSC06025.jpg

Got it tapped up and then drew my line. I decided on a 1/2", but I probably should've gone more like 1". Oh well.

DSC06026.jpg

DSC06027.jpg

DSC06028.jpg

DSC06029.jpg

Now, on the back of the truck is not a bad place to do it, however, it's just too tall. So I decided to put it on some sawhorses to bring it down more to my level. This does tell me, however, that when this is all said and done, I'll be able to load it into the truck pretty easily from the saw horses! But, that won't be for a while I'm sure!

DSC06030.jpg

DSC06031.jpg

Now it's time for some fun! Safe fun, but fun! Got the gloves, got the safety glasses, don't need any metal in the eyes. And then the good ole trusty bosch grinder! This is a good tool!

DSC06033.jpg

Then fun ensued, and this was the result!

DSC06034.jpg

Let me give you a little tip if you've never done this, as I hadn't! WEAR LONG SLEEVES AS WELL AS GLOVES AND GLASSES!! Anyway, moving on, here's what we were after!

DSC06035.jpg

Got some jagged edges that need addressing

DSC06036.jpg

DSC06037.jpg

DSC06038.jpg

Little look at the amount of space I'm working with.

Depth

DSC06039.jpg

Width

DSC06040.jpg

Couldn't really get a good measurement on the height cause the centers bow a bit. So it's basically about 17 3/4" tall.

Then I got the grinder again with a grinding wheel this time, and cleaned up the edges! Burrs are gone!

DSC06041.jpg

Tried to get a sight down pic to show the line, but it isn't real clear.

DSC06042.jpg

Another pic with the smoothed edges.

DSC06043.jpg

Then I decided that i still had some time before the family gets home, I thought I'd cut some wood! Love the smell of fresh cut wood! Especially Birch!

DSC06044.jpg

Got my measurement for the bottom panel. This needs a couple angle cuts, which happen to be 45's. So I got my straight edge out, and measured it out. I need a final of 25" for my depth. Let's get to cutting!

DSC06045.jpg

Yep, that'll do! Not bad with a straight edge and a hand saw! No table saw used here!

DSC06046.jpg

Now for a little test fit. This is a little deceiving because of the bow in the middle. I pushed on it and laid it down and it fits perfectly. There is a little issue though. That is that I'm putting deadener on the inside of this box, between it and the enclosure, so I'll need to account for that. But I think it'll be fine.

DSC06047.jpg

So that's what I got done tonight! I'm gonna see if I can get a couple things done here and there and get this thing built. We all know though, just building the enclosure is not the end of it. Lots of glasswork, and other odds and ends that need to be done.

So, just as a refresher, this is what's going in:

DC Audio XL 15's

DSC06048.jpg

And this is what they're going in, what I'm building now:

WithTopandGlass.jpg

More to come! Thanks for tuning in!

m2's?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

This is looking awesome so far.

And yeah, I feel you on the master cylinder and booster part. I've had to go through a few of them on my 86 Bronco II, which I had to retire earlier this year due to the same engine issues coming up over and over again. It got too expensive, plus it was "totalled" anyway (got rear-ended and my spare tire carrier punched right through my liftgate :(). Having it break down on me every few months got annoying, since my job requires a lot of driving (I've done up to about 5000 miles in about a month :P)

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Archived