1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

m2's?

Yes, M2 D1 XL's. Picked them up front Jonathan (skyhighaudio) and they're freshly reconed! They've been staring at me for a while now and I've been wanting to start this thing for well over a month. Finally had some time yesterday. Should be able to get more done here and there, but it'll be slow going.

This is looking awesome so far.

And yeah, I feel you on the master cylinder and booster part. I've had to go through a few of them on my 86 Bronco II, which I had to retire earlier this year due to the same engine issues coming up over and over again. It got too expensive, plus it was "totalled" anyway (got rear-ended and my spare tire carrier punched right through my liftgate :(). Having it break down on me every few months got annoying, since my job requires a lot of driving (I've done up to about 5000 miles in about a month :P)

Man, I love my truck. I finally got the brakes pretty dialed in. I think they could use a pfffff fraction more adjustment, but for now they're good. Stiff pedal, nice stopping, no worrying! Finally have my new brake system! Everything has been changed now except the hard lines, and the vacuum booster. Otherwise it's all new. Next up is to get the damn PS whine to go away. I have to swap out pumps but it's proven to be a little more difficult than a weeknight job for me. Sorry to hear about your Bronco, I had an 88 I got from my dad a long time ago and loved that thing. Wish I still had it. They made em tough back in those days.

Ahh yeah! That is going to be hella cool when it done!

:popcorn:

Subs look sic too, I like the white baskets!

Me too. HOWEVER, given the new theme, hence why I went to the subs and enclosure instead of continuing with the front stage, they're probably going to get painted....................say maybe.............rust orange!! :peepwall:

Stay tuned, more to come! SOON I HOPE!

That is the big cut right there!

You did a Really Good job on it with that cutting wheel too. If I had done that cut, it would of looked like it was done by a drunken monkey!

Yeah, I don't think you are going to have any troubles with your vocals once you have your doors squared away. :D I love how you are doing this build and keeping it updated. Very nice.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

nice I'm hoping for some xl m2's but I'm currently broke as shit

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Thanks guys.

Colin, I follow yours too, and I appreciate your details. Glad you're here to check it out. Hoping for more work this week or maybe even weekend!

Leo, I've been staring at them daily on my workbench since I got em about a month ago. I lucked out and got them from someone with fresh recones. I was going to use 4 Lvl 4 12's but I just couldn't see doing this big build and cramming them into that box, and that's what was going on. They were being crammed. I didn't want to risk it. Even though it was more cone area with the 12's, so far I'm happy with the change. I know I've not heard them yet, but I'm feeling more comfortable with the build now.

Can't wait to get more done.

Well shit, sorry guys! I had big plans to go out and get a couple hours of box building done tonight, but on the way home my wife text me saying that apparently my boxer thought it was a good idea to eat an entire brand new bar of soap. So I had to stop and get white rice, and then go home make that and boil some chicken to give her for dinner, vets orders. So there went my extra time. My wife had to pick up my daughters from after school care and take them to soccer practice for those who are wondering why she didn't take care of it.

So, shit happens. Sorry! I'll get something done in the next couple days. I'm going to attempt to get the front or back panel cut, cause once that's done, and it fits properly, I can use it and make the rest of the stuff from there an not have to worry about pulling the box out all the time. It's not heavy but it's not light either! Plus it's big and bulky and kind of hard to maneuver easily. I'd like to do all my work in the back yard, and right now I have to do it out front cause that's where the box is in the shop. Long story, nevermind! Long story short, I have to clean my shop and reorganize it!

Probably the next time I'll have a chance to do work is on Wednesday!

That is crazy! How did your boxer think that a bar of soap tasted good?? hehe

Dogs are strange; one of our Pits on 2 different occasions snagged an entire loaf of bread and ate it plastic wrapper and all- and another time ate a seriously long string. Both of which would of been bad news for his intestines... so out comes the hydrogen peroxide and in 2 minutes- PUKE time.

I hear you on working in less than desirable spaces / areas. I have to work in my carport so my retiree aged neighbors across the street get to watch. I can read their faces too... "WHAT is that guy doing??"

Oh well- life has a good way of messing up plans. We are still out here all :popcorn: for what you are gonna' do next with the box.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Thanks man! Hopefully things will go well at work tomorrow, I'm prepping a roof for re roofing on Saturday, and if it doesn't take all day I'm gonna come home and cut some wood! My only issue right now is that apparently the Torres Calc had issues or something and that's what I did my 4th order design off of. I've downloaded the new updated version but haven't had time to redo the calcs, and I need to roll in the rack. I have to get up at 4am for my workout.

So first thing I'll do tomorrow night is double check those numbers and then proceed from there. My plan is to cut the back wall of the enclosure so I can make sure I have a nice fit on that. Once that's done, I can cut the walls and everything else, already did the bottom of it, outside of the box and not have to drag it out every time. So there should be some major progress here very very soon!

I guess I should also spill the beans on the changes, if you've not noticed already. I changed my signature, but noone has said anything. I've decided to go quality over quantity and sell off the soundstream and spend a few more bucks and get all Crescendo for the power and mids and highs. The plan is to pick up:

8 - Crescendo PWX6's

4 - Crescendo FT1's

2 - Crescendo c1100.4's

1 - Crescendo c1600.2

1 - Crescendo bc5500d

Mid Bass stays the same - DC Audio Level 3 M2 10

Subs stay the same - DC Audio XL 15 x 2

So there you go! I still wanna do something for the rear fill for my kids, but I think everyone know's by now how I am about matching stuff. Crescendo doesn't make a component set, so I have to decide what I wanna do about what to put back there. I could go with a simple PWX6 mid range and leave it at that and cross it high, but I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go yet.

Obviously right now I'm working on getting this sub enclosure going well. So that's it for now. More to come soon!

Archived