1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

It's low at like 12 something. I adjusted it last night to about 16.44 or something like that. Off the top of my head anyway, I don't have the paper I wrote on with me at work. It's at home.

No no reason really, other than to look good. I didn't think about that though. The problem is the only real place I have to put amps, without major work, is on the back wall. That's obviously going away. I could probably lift the seat up a few inches and go under there. Even maybe get crazy and do a slide out drawer so I can always get to them. I'll think about it a bit and see what I can come up with. Maybe I could do some sort of seat back amp rack, like you suggested, where when the seat is folded down you can see them, trimmed out of course, and when up they're hidden.

I'd have to look under the hood again. I'm sure I could get at least one more if not two in there. I agree with that. You're talking about the XS3100's right? If I did that would I need to do a dual run of 1/0 ga to the distribution blocks in back do you think?

Thanks for bringing this stuff up. I didn't think about it. Mainly the box. If I had to take that out, I'd be out of sounds! That would suck!

It's low at like 12 something. I adjusted it last night to about 16.44 or something like that. Off the top of my head anyway, I don't have the paper I wrote on with me at work. It's at home.

No no reason really, other than to look good. I didn't think about that though. The problem is the only real place I have to put amps, without major work, is on the back wall. That's obviously going away. I could probably lift the seat up a few inches and go under there. Even maybe get crazy and do a slide out drawer so I can always get to them. I'll think about it a bit and see what I can come up with. Maybe I could do some sort of seat back amp rack, like you suggested, where when the seat is folded down you can see them, trimmed out of course, and when up they're hidden.

I'd have to look under the hood again. I'm sure I could get at least one more if not two in there. I agree with that. You're talking about the XS3100's right? If I did that would I need to do a dual run of 1/0 ga to the distribution blocks in back do you think?

Thanks for bringing this stuff up. I didn't think about it. Mainly the box. If I had to take that out, I'd be out of sounds! That would suck!

The amount of runs your going to need is dependent on your final current draw. I always round a little. For the sake of simplicity, for every 1500 watts (Rounded, call it 150 amps of current draw) , a dedicated run of 1/0 ground and power is idea. If you're running 4500 watts-5000, I'd probably shoot for 3 isolated grounds and 3 runs of power (6 Runs). Thats under the assumption you are running 2 batteries up front and only 1 in the rear. If you run 2 batteries in the rear and 1 up front, you can probably take a run of power and ground to save yourself some money. Reason being is pretty much self explanatory if the batteries are stored in the back.

Some people choose not to run isolated grounds, but I do. It's an option. Most frames can support up to what a single run of 4 guage wire can. Some can support more, some can support less.... But an isolated ground is the best for higher current applications.

12, 16... Ehh... You're about right on port area. It looked a little low from the sketchup, but above 10 is all good. Not all applications are the same.

By Isolated you mean not a run from the battery up front correct? Meaning each battery should have it's own run from it to the frame?

By isolated ground, I'm referring to a run from front to back. Isolated ground means you're isolating your ground from something, that something is the frame. Your circuit is no longer depending on the steel frame to draw current.

Hows this for big rims??! I Love these rims. I wish I had em on my truck!! This is my uncles Duramax. Hes the one who got me into car audio.

263337_1916113231292_1495820026_31617372_3809414_n-1.jpg

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I'm sure I've seen it 100,000,000 times but I just thought it was opposite of what it actually is! Thanks!

Trevor, those are nice, but too much bling! Chrome is a little bright! I like the dark look! It does look clean though! What's he got, like an 8" lift?

I'm sure I've seen it 100,000,000 times but I just thought it was opposite of what it actually is! Thanks!

Trevor, those are nice, but too much bling! Chrome is a little bright! I like the dark look! It does look clean though! What's he got, like an 8" lift?

I think its 8" haha those rims of his would look sick in black chrome.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Archived