1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Well my battery bank was gonna be in the truck box itself, but if I ever take the box out, I'll loose the power for the amps mounted to the back seat. That was why I switched the amps to the back seat.

Thanks for the info. So the length is not the foot print measurement but to the furthest point where the terminals are at?

Well my battery bank was gonna be in the truck box itself, but if I ever take the box out, I'll loose the power for the amps mounted to the back seat. That was why I switched the amps to the back seat.

Thanks for the info. So the length is not the foot print measurement but to the furthest point where the terminals are at?

Yes sir from end to end the measurement is 14 & 1/4" from the speaker terminals that stick out the farthest to the end of the amp its 15.5" width is 8" and height is 2" from the bottom of the amp to the top (not including the mounting feet with mounting feet its 2 & 1/4"

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

So I decided to drag the truck box out and do a quick test fit! While I was at it I thought I'd snap some pics!

Before

DSC05616.jpg

DSC05617.jpg

After

DSC05618.jpg

GOT SPACE?!!??

DSC05619.jpg

DSC05620.jpg

DSC05621.jpg

Ok so I found some things out when I did this as well. I did recall correctly that it sits at the edge of the bed rail and not tucking under it.

DSC05622.jpg

Then I got to thinking about how I could get it to tuck under it. I could cut the bed rail and leave enough to kind of fold it under to make a rounded edge to help stabilize it or make it stronger. I could just cut it off at the top of the box and put a piece in under the rail itself above the box to make it stronger. Then it hit me!

I opened it up, and whamo!!! I can't do it cause the lid has to have some place to go!!!

DSC05623.jpg

Again, look at all that space in there! Oh so nice!!

DSC05624.jpg

So now I'm back to my original plan of needing some sort of frame to either weld to the box or slide in it and the hole I'm going to put in the wall to keep water out. It's not going to be water proof obviously this way. I would also love to be able to straighten the wall a little bit. You can see in the pics, there quite a bow to it in the middle. Would do wonders for the looks of it.

So back to the little frame. Doesn't have to be huge, like maybe 3" at most. I need it to either weld to the outside, although I'm not sure I can get the box in with it welded to it, or make it so it has a flange on it to slide in and attach from the inside of the box. It probably needs to extend through the accordion gasket about an inch or so. So I need to figure that all out.

I will say though, this box has seen better days. It's not the cleanest of looks. I'm thinking a little sand down, and some spray on bed liner will do the trick quite nicely!

So when you look at the truck, this is what you'll see. Little do people know, what you're gonna hear, or feel should I say!

Lastly, I picked up a little important piece of equipment today! So very happy about it! But I'll keep you guessing till I have it in my hands!

dude this is going to be dope. I just could never bring myself to cut a hole in my baby lol. Looking great tho. cant wait to see how this turns out

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

What about a complete water proof bed cover of some sorts but cut in half and sealed from the rest of the bed? this way instead of the box you have a lot more space to work with?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived