1994 Ford F350 CC Build- Stalled out for a bit! Sorry!

Ooohh I was skeptical about their PA stuff since I have never heard em in person but they look sexy, :popcorn for sound results. I say you put them on a test bench and tell me how they sound. Speaking of power converters pm your paypal email so I can get that item that we talked about.

Ya know, I was actually thinking about doing that, but I don't have amps to put them on. I sold my other ones, and the soundstreams that i just got I'm sending back and don't want to void anything by powering them up. SO I'll do something as soon as I have some power to work with. I also have to decide what I'm going to do. I'm a little confused by them to be honest. I was going to run them active via the head unit, but they gave me this cap (yellow in the pictures) and I don't know if that has to go on, and on top of that I got that diagram and am wondering if I should build one of those too. So I have decisions to make I guess.

Maybe if I have time this week I can cruise by Meade's shop and see if he'll test em up for me. He loves doing shit like that!

Good God those things look they're gonna rape your ears!!!

Shitty situation about the amps, but at least they're taking care of it!

Tuned in as usual Scooter :good: Expecting nothing but shock and awe and amazement in the future!

Yea, I'm a little anxious cause I've never used tweeters like these before. They look intimidating! Yea that amp situation sux, but thankfully I wasn't waiting on it all to finish my build. Rather I'm just collecting equipment now so I have it all on hand cause of the way I have to build, that way I'm not waiting on anything and when I get to a certain point in a build, I have the pieces on hand to grab and template.

Thanks, I'm sure shock and awe is what I'll deliver, my mind never seems to shut off. I've been looking at the center console for the last couple days, been driving my truck in stead of the car cause it almost hydro locked the other day with it raining so hard around here, and I'd change up the tablet idea, if I could just figure out a way to slide the tablet in and out.

I think up on the dash is a great idea and would look great, but the down on the console, with it meeting up with the dash just flows so much better. With the head unit and HVAC in their current spots. The problem with that is, I'd have to literally have the tablet dock tilt from about a 25 degree from horizontal position, to an almost straight up and down position to get the tablet slid in and out. It doesn't have a dock on it's end, it's on the bottom. So the widest point of the tablet. The only other way i can think of to make it work from the side is to use a dongle HDMI output vs the dock holder it's currently in. then I could cut a slit in the tablet dock and it could slide in and out from the side. I'm not sure if anyone understands what I'm talking about. I'll get some diagrams made up this weekend sometime.

This is the dongle -

Galaxy_TAB_P4_P5HDMI_adapter_1_170x170_1.jpg

This is the current dock -

DSC05223.jpg

and the tablet slides in from the top (this was from the old build for my civic) -

DSC05225.jpg

So I have think about that a little bit.

Those tweets are crazy. Cant wait to see them in your ride. :popcorn:

Thanks, I can't wait to get them in there!

Oooh, I could keep the same thing as current, I could build the top a little taller, so I could slide it in sitting up above the dock a little bit, then when it gets to the side wall, I could slide it down and it would snap into the dock. Just ideas here! Diagrams is what we need to make things more understandable! I know!

Oooh, I could keep the same thing as current, I could build the top a little taller, so I could slide it in sitting up above the dock a little bit, then when it gets to the side wall, I could slide it down and it would snap into the dock. Just ideas here! Diagrams is what we need to make things more understandable! I know!

The cap is just included to filter signals harmful to the tweet iirc you put it on the positive terminal (mine were soldered on the ppi tweets out of the box) you could always not use it and just run completely active I don't see how that would change anything and I think it's time you invested in a cheapy amp and make yourself a test bench. Sniff sniff do you smell that? Smells like its time for Scooter to spend a few bucks get a cheap ass 2 channel and cheap ass mono and make himself a little test bench to test components before he installs them, could also double as a nice system while you're outside working. :peepwall: lol but they do look good and I can't wait to hear how they sound. If you do go by Meade's shop I think it would make for a great video on his channel. Testing soundstream pro audio how does it really sound? Lol.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Ya I may put the caps on just as an insurance policy!

As far as cheap amps for a test bench..............we'll see. Maybe some cruch stuff will do it.

Think about it like this, I figure $150 on a decent test bench/music while you work would be a good investment.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Sorry nothing today as of yet guys! I'm waiting for my 1.1600D amp for the mid bass today, and I just packaged up the two bad 4.600's to send back for return. No diagrams of the center console yet, I've been crazy busy at work today. I'll update when I get a chance.

Thanks Steve for posting on Facebook!

Ok guys! Little update! Got my Rubicon 1.1600D today! She's purrrrrrdy! Right out of the box brand new! The way it should be! Check out the pics! As I've said before, you may wanna back away from your computer so you don't get it messy! Just a forewarning! Here we go!!

IMG_20120416_150803.jpg

IMG_20120416_150858.jpg

Ok back up, here she is!!!!

IMG_20120416_150928.jpg

Oh ya money shot!

IMG_20120416_151028.jpg

IMG_20120416_151045.jpg

IMG_20120416_151035.jpg

And a little goodie that came with it!

IMG_20120416_151215.jpg

That's pretty much it for today! I think I've got all I'm gonna get at the moment. Oh no wait, I've got another pair of 6.5's coming in this week. Still waiting to hear on whether or not the same company who sold me the 1.1600 has a pair of the 4.600's.

So more coming soon!

So not only here, but other forums, I'm getting requests to check the true wattage on these amps. I'm personally not sure how to go about finding that out. I'm sure I could go bug Steve, but I doubt he has the kind of time to deal with that. So I'm going to look up how to go about finding this out.

Second, I'm kind of holding off on buying anything else until I get the last few things sold that I have. I still have an Alpine CDA-9886 out there for sale, I also have stuff for civics over on my civic forum, and in all it totals another $800 - $1000.00. That will buy the two 1.2500D sub amps that I need, as well as a big battery for the front.

That brings me to the third thing. The bad amps went out already and as soon as the refund is given I'll be buying the second 4.600. I purchased one yesterday, and I'm waiting for the refund money to get the other one. I knew I was going to have to come out of pocket for the new ones, so I just bought one of them. My purpose is, I'm trying not to put money back on the cards I just paid off. I'd rather wait and buy equipment with money that's left out there to come in.

Lastly here's my plan of attack on the build. It's going to start very very soon. I'm going to go ahead and start getting things gutted out of the interior, i.e. seats, carpet, trims. Then start deadening the whole truck. I've got some rolls of deadener from what I was going to do on the car. I'm sure I don't have enough, so for now I'll concentrate on the floor so I can get started on the console etc. When I get to the doors, I'll get more.

My power plan is this. I'm not going to go out and spend a ton of money just yet on a big alt. I'm going to do an OEM 3g swap. The current alt gives out about 95 amp and doing the swap will get me up to about 130 or higher. This all with a junk yard alternator for now. I'll upgrade the battery up front to an XS Power D3100, and that will be more than sufficient for the normal power as well as the 3 amps going in for the mids and highs. When I get to the back and to building the sub enclosure etc, I'll then start thinking about a bigger alt and more batteries. Until then, I'll start saving and figuring out what I'm going to do. I'm pretty sure that two XS Power XP3000's in back will do just fine, and then probably a Mechman 270 amp alt will fit the bill. There's another Gizzle on top of the $700.00 in sub amps. So I'm going to need to start saving for sure. I'm guessing a total of about $3000.00 will complete this job. So it's gonna take me a while. That kind of money isn't just sitting around in my pocket waiting to be spent.

That's why I put "Slow" on the title. Cause at some point, I'm gonna hit a wall with no money! But it'll all get done at some point! That's all for now. Thanks!

I am so happy I finally found some one on here that is doing an older truck blow through, I dont have a quad cab, just a single... So I wont be putting in all that fancy stuff you have lol... But I will be doing a blow Through.. Im tuned in

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

Archived