Second Skin Audio

Whatcha think of SP4's sealed?

Was sort of looking for dimensions as in HxWxD as well as port dimensions. That way we can see how much port area/cubic feet you have, as well as other factors that may help to increase your SQ or even get you louder.

My bad...

Port area is around 170 iirc, port is 6-1/4 x 26-1/2 x 20 long. Definitely on the smaller side but I made the most of the space I had. It'll all be coming out when I take it into the bodyshop at the end of April so that's why I've been thinking about a new enclosure idea.

Was sort of looking for dimensions as in HxWxD as well as port dimensions. That way we can see how much port area/cubic feet you have, as well as other factors that may help to increase your SQ or even get you louder.

My bad...

Port area is around 170 iirc, port is 6-1/4 x 26-1/2 x 20 long. Definitely on the smaller side but I made the most of the space I had. It'll all be coming out when I take it into the bodyshop at the end of April so that's why I've been thinking about a new enclosure idea.

Just plugged your info into Torres. If you've got 13 net cubes with that port area then they're only seeing ~12.74 square inches of port area per cubic foot of box. If your net box space is closer to 13.99 then you're only seeing 11.84 square inches of port area per cube. If you do decide to redesign then I'd say probably right around 16 square inches of port area per cubic foot to be honest.

I know that when I made my 2nd box (the one I've got now) I went from 16.something square inches of port area at 31Hz to ~12 sq in per cube at 31Hz and the first one sounded better.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif