how can i hit a louder db

I have an 06 impala (not the exact same as yours but...) my car res freq is around 47

I would

1.0 turn the box around

2.0 seal is off

3.0 tune higher (in the 40's) I am tuned to 44 now burp at 46hz and do a 147.7 sealed on dash

4.0 seems like a lot of voltage drop to me (but I am fussy I dont like below 13 volts LOL)

5.0 how did you set your gains ?

6.0 test and tune (seat position,vents,visors... )

7.0 you meter with your seats down right ?

I have an 06 impala (not the exact same as yours but...) my car res freq is around 47

I would

1.0 turn the box around

2.0 seal is off

3.0 tune higher (in the 40's) I am tuned to 44 now burp at 46hz and do a 147.7 sealed on dash

4.0 seems like a lot of voltage drop to me (but I am fussy I dont like below 13 volts LOL)

5.0 how did you set your gains ?

6.0 test and tune (seat position,vents,visors... )

7.0 you meter with your seats down right ?

no i did but when i go this time i am have learned alot of different thing on here on how to do different thing and i am going to try them like putting down the seat never ever thought of it untell i read it on here and no when i got metered i didnt have my seat down but i am going this time

sealing off forward from the trunk helps alot..getting the sound into the cabin toward the meter...

I would get with 412CVX about a box design to get the most outta your space...he does some badass designs

also deaden as much of the car as you can...as well as test flipping your current box around to face forward..even though its not sealed off from the trunk to see if it meters any better than the last time you had it done...its all trial and error to get more db's if your not adding power, more subs or even upgrading electrical to get maximum power outta your amp

sealing off forward from the trunk helps alot..getting the sound into the cabin toward the meter...

I would get with 412CVX about a box design to get the most outta your space...he does some badass designs

also deaden as much of the car as you can...as well as test flipping your current box around to face forward..even though its not sealed off from the trunk to see if it meters any better than the last time you had it done...its all trial and error to get more db's if your not adding power, more subs or even upgrading electrical to get maximum power outta your amp

i tryed to look this guy 412CVX on this sight in the members area and couldnt find him please inform me if you can on how to get ahold of this person so i can get a different box bilt before my next comp it will be on the 15 of this month thanks alot

lol i'm right here. click the picture to go to my profile and send me a message

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

ya they told what your peak hz was for that box not what your cars res freq is the only true way to find res freq is to get a sealed 10 and play tones on a meter and the loudest tone wins (is your res freq)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived