New system

Im new here, but ive been working on car audio for about 3 years. Im building a new system for my 240SX, which will be running this weekend for the first time in 2 months, mad engine problems, but thats another story.

so first, heres my current system:

2 Memphis M1

1 Rockford Fosgate P8002[im down to 1 channel, the amp is crapping out on me]

and a prefabbed bandpass box, tuned to 40hz

i didnt have the time to custom build a box until recently, and for once i have time and a lil money to spend. so im going to do the 240SX big time... well not to big.

my budget is 2-300$ subs and 3-400$ amp.

i have 2 setups im looking @:

2x Alpine Type R

1x Hifonics BXI2006D

OR

2x Kicker CVX

1x Kicker 1500.1

both will be custom MDF/fiberglass box

now i can get the kicker stuff from a buddy @ circuit city for cheap, and there a little bit above my price but i can swing it.

my question, which is going to be louder? im looking for nasty make you wanna shit your self bass.... well as close to that as i can get w/ 2 12"s. The SX is a hatch so that will help some. but i want yalls opinions on these two setups, or ideas about others around my price range.

thanks in advance for your time!

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz

well, sure most people here will say the Type Rs subs up, port back, and tune it at about 28-30hz... any lower the bass isnt going to be playing that loud, will play deep, but will lose the output, because of 2 reasons, cars accoustic transfer function, and speakers ability to play freqs lower than 30hz.... unless you went Meade style and just squeezed a 18  in there and tun it about the same ... and yeah, you can get a 18" in there, and yes, you can find a 18" for under $300...($239) try the SSD 18 from Fi caraudio.... then you should be shitting your pants

;)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

so you think a single 18" would bump more around 28-40hz then dual 12"s?

and what about the amps? any one used both of them?

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz

these are just my thoughts since i have bought and broken alot of brands.  :'(

Id go with the Hifonics amp and the kicker subs , the Hifonics will not make perfect sounding bass but it will make alot of power (for a little money)  And the kicker wow i have never killed a kicker sub and i have frozen coils broken tensil leads and torn surrounds even blown off a few centercaps (dustcap) on alot of brands but never a kicker

BUT THATS JUST MY THOUGHTS    :^

that what i was kinda thikning, more power for about 200$ [hook ups ftw]

my buddies store doesnt stock the CVX's it looks like... how would the CVRs compare to the Alpine type Rs?

im definatly leaning towards the Type Rs, mainly cuz my buddies store wont stock the CVXs for a while.

might have a lead on a XXX 12" if i can squeeze it into the budget then fuck it, im going RE.

but if i cant, cuz its going to be stretching it, and i have to also get the materials to build the box... then what would yall recommend?