DC Sound Lab

Lvl 4 XL to 5.0k wiring/power question..

im not trying to bash,

but you say youre not a nub, but you just asked if the dc 5k does 5k to each sub....

I appreciate all input. I posted what electrical i will be running for the amp. and i was going with the 5.0k because ive seen one level 4 handle 3.5k. But i accept all sugestions and critiques!

and remember, just because one man does it, doesnt mean you can...

either it was a burp... or the damn thing was not pushing out 3.5k daily.

it would have tore that sub up in a heartbeat.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

so lets get this straight, do you have level 4s or XLs, because the title says XLs, you mention XLs a few times, but then say level 4s with XL coils are XLs..

for some odd reason, its just stuck in my head you have level 4s.. and if thats the case, please refer to what i said in one of my previous posts.

If that is not the case and you do infact have XLs then get the 5k, because they can handle it just fine

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

so lets get this straight, do you have level 4s or XLs, because the title says XLs, you mention XLs a few times, but then say level 4s with XL coils are XLs..

for some odd reason, its just stuck in my head you have level 4s.. and if thats the case, please refer to what i said in one of my previous posts.

If that is not the case and you do infact have XLs then get the 5k, because they can handle it just fine

Lol i have level 4's with XL softparts I was in no way implying or at least i didnt mean to imply that they were the same as Xl's. But I appreciate your help because I'm either going to stick with my 4's and get the 3.5k or get 2 XL's and go with the beastly 5.0k

2 level 4s and the 3.5k would be a sweet *smaller* setup, its HUGE compared to most non car audio forum bassheads.. but around most forums, 3-3.5k is the norm, it should do alright as long as you get a sweet box made :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Lol i have level 4's with XL softparts I was in no way implying or at least i didnt mean to imply that they were the same as Xl's. But I appreciate your help because I'm either going to stick with my 4's and get the 3.5k or get 2 XL's and go with the beastly 5.0k

if money isnt a problem then go big or go home.

but level 4s and a 3.5k will be no disapppointment

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

glad to see we could help save you from blowing your subs apart, just remember to set your gains correctly. clipping on that 3.5k will fuck up your subs in a heartbeat

glad to see we could help save you from blowing your subs apart, just remember to set your gains correctly. clipping on that 3.5k will fuck up your subs in a heartbeat

Yeah right now I set all my stuff using a multimeter, I'm looking into getting a good oscilloscope or the SMD DD-1

I ran my lvl4's with lvl5 soft parts on a DC 5k and they took it all day long with no problems at all. Not to say that would be the case for you but it worked for me.

Edited by siccostyle

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Yeah right now I set all my stuff using a multimeter, I'm looking into getting a good oscilloscope or the SMD DD-1

using a multimeter will not keep you from clipping. i suggest buying a dd1 or oscope.

if you plan on playing it before you have those then dont turn your gain up much and go off the clip light on the bass knob