i know there have been several threads about which chargers to use i searched and couldnt find a thread for this charger

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=195254#desc

i just got my xp 3000 in yesterday and wondered if this would be a good choice for a charger or if there is a better one to use around this price?

1 Fi Sp4 18

Crescendo 2k

selenium mids

audioque supertweets

Hifonics for mids and and highs

1/0 power and grounds

---> on the way singer alt and possibly another

2k depending how sub likes 1 2k

ehhh ive seen many people use them and say they charge at high 15 volt range which is wayy bad

a charger shouldnt go over mid 14s at most and float in the 13v range

i had a older battery charger (same brand as u mentioned) and it charged batteries at 15.7v holy shit wow...i threw it away..

i use a deltran battery tender 1.25 amp model and it work great doesnt go above 14v just takes awhile to charge a battery ( in your case the xs isnt drained just needs topped off before install)

I will never buy another Schumacher charger. Have bought 3 so far, 3 different models, and each one has tried to charge at 15.4V+.

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-021-0128-Plus-Charger/dp/B00068XCQU

^can be had at a lot of auto parts stores, so call around because the difference between having it now or waiting/paying for shipping might not be too different.

that charger brought my optima yellow top back to life, it was resting at 5v, now its good to go at 13.1, to me it charges to quick. But ive charged my red top on it a few times. One of my buddies has this charger.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I will never buy another Schumacher charger. Have bought 3 so far, 3 different models, and each one has tried to charge at 15.4V+.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B00068XCQU

^can be had at a lot of auto parts stores, so call around because the difference between having it now or waiting/paying for shipping might not be too different.

i 2nd this EXCELLENT battery charger

My Schumacher charges at around 14.8-14.9? Third this going to jeopardize the life of my batteries?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

My Schumacher charges at around 14.8-14.9? Third this going to jeopardize the life of my batteries?

as long as it stays in that area, anything above 15v likes to make them have a shorter life span, people from xs like to say charge no higher that 14.8, anything higher shortens battery life.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz