Bass knob adjustment changes crossover set point

As I was changing the crossover point on my SAZ3000 yesterday I learned that if the bass knob is turned even the slightest it'll take the CC-1 from "calibrated" and I'd have to turn the pot a little to get it to light blue again. I honestly can't figure out why this would happen with something that is supposed to only attenuate the output. I ended up just setting the crossover with the remote disconnected. Any ideas why it does this?

The cc-1 reads the crossover point based on the voltage output from the amp. You adjust the bass knob, that adjusts the output voltage. It was just fooling the device, that's all.

You can plug your knob back in and use it.

Yea, I plugged it back in afterwards. But if I set the crossover with the bass knob all the way down, mark that spot then turn the knob up a little and did the whole thing all over again the crossover pot position won't be the same as before. Correct me if I'm wrong here but my thinking is that crossover position should remain in the same place regardless of the remotes position.

• 1 month later...

Still got this issue insolvent. IMO if the remote knob on the SAZ is for gain then it shouldn't affect the crossover point at all. If I set the gains with the DD-1 with the remote knob at halfway then follow with the crossover with the CC-1 and get it calibrated. Then if the knob is turned down at all and I go through the process all over with the CC-1, the final position of the crossover knob will be different.

Any ideas?