'12 Chevy Sonic || Nexus 7 w/ 3SIXTY.1 || 1x12" DC LVL4 || DC 1.2K

Build is being suspended right now, I was laid off on Friday.

A buddy of mine is going to let me borrow a 12" Kenwood and a 500w Alpine amp, just gotta but an amp kit. After that, the build is on hold until I can get back on my feet.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't help myself. I've never been able to just put a build on hold. It will be slowed, but I'm still going.

I just ordered my amp kit from KnuKonceptz, should be here Friday, but I have no idea when I'll be able to install. My Sonic is still in the shop...

2008 Subaru Forester XT

What'd they do to it/what's wrong with it??

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

What'd they do to it/what's wrong with it??

Ah, I just realized I've only been keeping my Sonic forum updated with the situation.

First off, my girlfriend had a slight mishap backing out of her driveway, and put a dent in the two doors and quarter panel and some scratches. Nothing major, their insurance covered it, and the shop finished it in a week. It looks perfect at first, but when I looked closer, they hadn't replaced the mirror they said they were going to, nor had they done anything to the rear quarter panel.

So, it entered the shop for a second time. I went Wednesday morning to go pick her up, and from the front, I could tell the mirror had been replaced, and I was happy about that. Went to the quarter panel, and it looks like they did that too. So I was like "Alright! Time to drive her home!" Went to the front door, and then had managed to put a nice 6 or 7 inch long scratch on the door.

So now it's going in for the third time for them to fix that.

We're also in the process of fighting them for $300 to cover a month's car payments, as they've had it that long. All in all, I'm not happy with them at all. What was estimated to be a 7 day job has not turned into over a month because they have no sense of quality control.

The guy that is supervising the job told me that this time before they call us, the owner of the shop it is going to "personally go over every inch of the car" to insure it's quality. Needless to say, I expect it to be to absolutely spotless that time, or else all hell will break loose. What hell? I don't really know, but there will be the standard "This shop can't do anything right" spread by word of mouth.

sucks about being laid off bro. at least get a little bump in there until you can get a job and get more serious :(

I actually just had an interview / "evaluation" yesterday with a local PC tech. He worked me for an hour to see how I do, just waiting back to hear a response now. He seemed to be impressed with me.

But yeah, I have the amp kit now, and my buddy is letting me borrow is sub/amp (he's off at college and sacrificed his bump for cargo space). I'll get some pics of that later, its just a prefab ported box, a 12" Kenwood, and a 500W Alpine.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Finally spoke one-on-one with the owner of the shop. He expressed his concern, and "doesn't understand" how my car has "fallen through quality control" like it has. He has also "taken over the project" himself and will "see that it gets done right this time." He told me to plan on coming in tomorrow morning at 8 to check it out and pick it up, but also said if there are any problems tonight, that date may change.

I'm at my limit, my parents are still being patient, which really bothers me. They're basically letting this shop walk on them right now. I can't do anything, because the car is technically in my dad's name, even though I'm the one making payments, etc.

Anyway, I guess we'll see how she looks in the morning.

I think the plan for now it is STILL not good in the morning, we're going to take pictures documenting how it looks when they return it to us tomorrow, take her home, call the insurance company, and find a new shop that can actually handle fixing a car.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Alright, we finally got it back. The owner met us, and he seemed very concerned, and claimed to have let go their painter because of his recent work. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but I do know that he saw the work get done correctly this time, and is going to be giving us a customer satisfaction perk soon. I won't say what.

Anyway, I'm glad to finally have her back in the driveway, and I should have this audio stuff in soon.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around do something today.

Got my antenna adapter in so I actually have AM/FM now, finally ran my mic so I can do hands-free calls again, and ran my remote wire and RCAs. Power and ground should be in this week, and I should finally have my system up and running.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Fun Fact:

The headunit I have doesn't have a subwoofer level setting... It just has on and off.

So now it's time to find a new headunit. This time I'm gonna try not to cheap out.

Anyone care to give me some suggestions?

I want a 7" screen, iPod/USB, and CD/DVD. I found a Pioneer that I LOVE but it doesn't have CD/DVD... Anyway, not looking to spend more than like $500, so any suggestions will definitely be appreciated.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived