Second Skin Audio

Never built a box before please help.

thanks michigancapri92, ok so I reworked the box design based on the information ive recieved here let me know if this seems better to you guys or if I should just give up and try and have some one else design my box (which I dont really want to do I want to learn this stuff for myself), thank you all for your knowledge and time, I know some people take these forums and the people and information they can provide for granted but I really do appreciate the help and knowledge you guys(gals?) can provide me. Here is my re-done design...

562863_359703977405072_100000964175123_995567_387455981_n.jpg

your port area is in the neighborhood, though you now have another problem. this problem being surface resistance. your port is 3x34 at 24 inches long, thats 2248in^2 of surface area in the port. a 6x17 port, at the same length, would be much more efficient, due to less surface resistance inside the port. the internal surface area of a 6x17 at 24 inches is 1104in^2. this is much more efficient with the same amount of internal moving mass.

just as an example, in this case, the absolute most efficient port possible would be 10.1x10.1, at 24 inches long. this gives 969.6 inches of internal surface area, which will be minimal surface resistance and the most possible efficiency.

Edited by Hugh G. Rection

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

thanks hugh, people around me dont seem to think im a dumb person so I dont understand why I cant seem to grasp all of this lol

internal surface resistance of ports is kind of an odd bag. 95% of people here probably dont look at that anyways. they just dont look at it, though i always give it consideration.

Owner of BigAss Ports

So when constructing the port would it be best to center it from left to right and use the bottom as one of the port walls, or would it be better to center it in the rear facing panel and brace it internally? Am I just making this more complicated then it needs to be?

using a common panel / common panels of the enclosure does aid in port efficiency,

Owner of BigAss Ports