Remote turn-on wire

people still actually use the remote turn on from the HU?

ive never hooked it up tbh.

lmao, you talk about the remote turn on like its an old obsolete feature when you are the one doing it the old obsolete way. why is the fuck would you go through all that when your HU can just do everything automatically? I'm sorry, but thats pretty dumb bro. is this wire, that you run to your switch, a lamp cord?

you realize the amp turn on is like .9 amps or something like that? lamp cord wire is actually thicker than what i use. (unless your talking about the little rolly switch, in which case ok, good joke)

when people are running relays and other stuff to boost the output, kinda seems like a pointless feature really.

and no, its a switch, you know, on feature, off feature. kinda looks like a little toggle switch. i know you dont know what a switch is, but im doing my best to explain it.

lmao, ok little girl. keep playing with your boss amp in the corner. ill be over here doing things the right way if you want to join me later.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Listen, don't get butthurt because the way you are running your remote wire isn't with in an acceptable practice. Your argument of the amps pulling more amperage then you deck can support is invalid until you are running a great deal of gear on that remote wire.

Please don't try to stand on your soapbox and pound in your way as being the correct way when you don't fully understand the facts. Just because it is working for you, doesn't make it the correct way to go.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

people still actually use the remote turn on from the HU?

ive never hooked it up tbh.

lmao, you talk about the remote turn on like its an old obsolete feature when you are the one doing it the old obsolete way. why is the fuck would you go through all that when your HU can just do everything automatically? I'm sorry, but thats pretty dumb bro. is this wire, that you run to your switch, a lamp cord?

you realize the amp turn on is like .9 amps or something like that? lamp cord wire is actually thicker than what i use. (unless your talking about the little rolly switch, in which case ok, good joke)

when people are running relays and other stuff to boost the output, kinda seems like a pointless feature really.

and no, its a switch, you know, on feature, off feature. kinda looks like a little toggle switch. i know you dont know what a switch is, but im doing my best to explain it.

lmao, ok little girl. keep playing with your boss amp in the corner. ill be over here doing things the right way if you want to join me later.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock Electrical

your probably on mobile and didnt read what i said earlier, because, no one reads anything anyone posts. but ill be nice and highlight the important parts for you.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Listen, don't get butthurt because the way you are running your remote wire isn't with in an acceptable practice. Your argument of the amps pulling more amperage then you deck can support is invalid until you are running a great deal of gear on that remote wire.

Please don't try to stand on your soapbox and pound in your way as being the correct way when you don't fully understand the facts. Just because it is working for you, doesn't make it the correct way to go.

not saying its the correct way to go.. my initial question was, why is it still used? i would have thought more advanced users would want full control of their equipment at their hands and not a deck setting.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

not saying its the correct way to go.. my initial question was, why is it still used? i would have thought more advanced users would want full control of their equipment at their hands and not a deck setting.

It is used because 99% of people want their shit to turn on and off automatically. Not to fumble around with some retarded switch EVERYTIME they got in and out of their car.

Your reasoning is futile at best. If your GF- mom- gma, (or all the above) doesn't like your system while they are in the car, then turn your shit down or off with the outdated power button on the deck

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i did it with a boss amp, not my sk-1500. just to see what would happen, nothing did.. so in case i forget to turn it off (which i never have in the whole 2 years ive had it there) nothing bad will happen anyways, just an oh, left it on.

hence me saying "play with your boss amp in the corner."

I never said you dont own another amp. i guess you dont read.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Whats even more dumb than all of this is companies putting rca pass throughs but no remote turn on outputs so you don't have to worry about relays and crap like that.

Whats even more dumb than all of this is companies putting rca pass throughs but no remote turn on outputs so you don't have to worry about relays and crap like that.

Because jumping the remote wire off the amp in is too much trouble?

It is used because 99% of people want their shit to turn on and off automatically. Not to fumble around with some retarded switch EVERYTIME they got in and out of their car.

Your reasoning is futile at best. If your GF- mom- gma, (or all the above) doesn't like your system while they are in the car, then turn your shit down or off with the outdated power button on the deck

meh. we all have our reasoning.

but i refuse to force my 59 year old mother to fumble around with deck settings to turn the subs off just so she can listen to the radio.

(sometimes my parents drive the car, depending on who pulled in the driveway last)

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Archived