I was ALMOST DONE.

Was hammering the hurricane nuts into the baffle, and one of the braces came loose and a corner of the baffle lifted up.

I thought the box was ruined and I was gonna have to start over, but my roommate thinks we can fix it.

We shall see! I was hoping to have this thing playing tonight! :(

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Twins!

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

Box isn't done yet, but I just NEEDED to see what all the blood, sweat, tears, and mosquito bites sounded like:

IMAG0133.jpg

1st Impression:

WOW

2nd Impression:

Oh shit my voltage!

3rd Impression:

Definitely need that double baffle and baffle brace ASAP!

What a difference going from 1 sub on 600W in a 14hz tuned box, to 2 subs on 1200W in a 30-31hz tuned box... I have my subs gain knob under a quarter because I can't hear my mids and highs at just over a quarter! Lol. Can't wait to finish this build! :)

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

tuned to 14 hz? uhhhhhhhh isnt that kind of low?

I've found tuning low (16 - 20Hz) to work well if the audible results meet your needs, once your below the tuning point the speaker unloads. The main reason people have is the phasing goes way out but noting else in the system is making volume at 22Hz so there is no cancellation and the delay would be unacceptable at higher frequencies where many cycles would be missed but "big" delay at near subsonics is still only a fraction of a cycle.

Archived