Well not to be a dick about it or anything but it's not really the amps fault.. You did have it wired to .2 ohms

This. The amp is 1 ohm stable, not 0.1 ohm stable. It's like sending AC through a power outlet (1 ohm) then sending AC through your finger into a power outlet (.2 ohms). Dumb idea, and it's gonna hurt like fuck.

Do you plan on clamping?

Yeah I'm tuned in to see what it does clamped

Hank did a clamp test on CACO, here's his video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGUUqjoF62s

They're little beasts. Took .5 ohms no problem, just my electrical sucks :lol: Probably just going to stick with two strapped @ 2 ohms to be safe. May give one a go at .5 ohms once I have the electrical to support it.

POTATO!

Well not to be a dick about it or anything but it's not really the amps fault.. You did have it wired to .2 ohms

This. The amp is 1 ohm stable, not 0.1 ohm stable. It's like sending AC through a power outlet (1 ohm) then sending AC through your finger into a power outlet (.2 ohms). Dumb idea, and it's gonna hurt like fuck.

i never meant to run it on .2 ohms i ran my dual two ohm in parallel down to what was supposed to be 1 ohm but due to an internal short in the voice coils it came out to .2 and my dumbass never checked it until the amp went up in smoke it did however hit pretty hard for the half second it played

Did you buy it recently? I know you said private party just asking because I can't find them in stock.

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

vminnovations did have them but it looks like they dont carry the 1500 anymore just a 1200 and 1300 but a few sellers on ebay should have them for like 120 to 130 bucks

Thanks, I have been forgetting to check eBay lately.

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update, not having a single problem out of my amp still. I'm still wired to 0.5 ohms, actually just ordered a second APSM for my setup. Aside from heat issues from wiring, haven't had any other problems out of it. We'll have to see when I put them both in and get my batteries/alternator in, but everything's looking good. Might just have to become an Audiopipe dealer... :lol:

POTATO!

Archived